A3 TDi power upgrade

A3DOL

Reaction score
Hi Folks, not sure if im in the right place, only just registered!

Bought my wife a 2004 A3 TDi (105bhp) today.

Great car and our first Audi. Always had Golfs prior to this so looking forward to a change.

Although its quite nippy, I would get it re-mapped soon.

Is it like the Golfs as in doesnt matter what engine it is you can pretty much remap to what ever?

Not sure if that makes sense so simple question - What is the max I can re-map it to and what kind of money will it cost?

Thanks, Gavin

i think u'll be lookin at around 30bhp increase and could cost you anywhere between 250 and 500 nicker. depends where u wanna take it and if u want it put on rollers or not.

You may also need a new clutch depending on the remap - try and find a remap that doesn't have much of a torque spike. I had Revo installed on my old TDI - 6 months later a new clutch was required. The car had only done 15k miles.

I had my old TDI mapped at superchips (i did a write up in the diesel section a while back - heres the link http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=29869 )

mine was the 130 bhp (PD) model and it ended up at 163bhp although it could have gone up further if i'd wanted to.

I'm not 100% sure but i think the 105 is also a PD (pump duse) so you should be able to get it near to 130 - 140 possibly more.

personally i'd go for a tailored generic map over the standard generic maps (such as revo or the AMD oneclick) as you end up with a map that's personalised to your engine and the way you drive the car

hope it helps

Mike

its right about the clutch...as mine has just been replaced, lasted over a year after the remap

Thanks Guys,

My next question is about lowering springs.

I was thinking of 18" rims and 35mm springs. Would this be ok?

The back end seems high but I suppose others do as well. Only ever lowered Golfs before!

Gav

If its a 2004 A3 - surely its a 140bhp model?

A3DOL Where abouts are you,people could recommend tuners near to you.

SamDude said:
If its a 2004 A3 - surely its a 140bhp model?

mines a 2004 A3 but its 105bhp, (book value). 1.9 TDI

i think 2.0 TDI are 140bhp

Im about 10 mins from Alton Towers in the Midlands.

MiT, is yours still standard or have you upgraded yours? Looks nice with the 19"s by the way.

MiT said:
mines a 2004 A3 but its 105bhp, (book value). 1.9 TDI

i think 2.0 TDI are 140bhp

Of course... :icon_thumright:

A3DOL said:
Im about 10 mins from Alton Towers in the Midlands.

MiT, is yours still standard or have you upgraded yours? Looks nice with the 19"s by the way.

Mines still standard.

Previous owner didn't do anything (Hope so anyway)

Its still under 3 years warranty. Even then, i don't think i will at the moment. Am happy as it is. Got other things to spend my money on. Cheers for the comment on the wheel. Was like that when i bought it.

Im doing an Upsolute group buy in the Group buy section of the forum if ur intersted.

Its £220 at the mo

Im in Cambridge, might be a bit of a trek tho!