Calling all brembo owners Knocking Sound pls help

242spot

Reaction score
Hey all just wondered if anybody else has this problem and or knows what it is.
When parking the S3 it makes a clunking sound when applying the brakes. It only does it after you have braked in the reverse direction. ie if i have braked in reversing then move forward and apply braking again it clunks.. move backward aplly brakes clunk, so evertime braking is reversed direction.
It doesn't sound like the caliper is lose more like maybe the pads moving in the calipers ( sound comes both sides to my knowledge )

sorry about the long winded explaination if anyone has this with their brembos please let me know ... maybe its normal!
cheers

It's probably more likely to be one or more of the lower suspension bushes worn (ARB bushes, lower arm bushes, drop link etc).

Get someone to stand and watch your front wheels whilst you drive backwards and forwards (obviously applying the brakes) and see if the wheel moves backwards or forwards as you brake. The wheel shouldn't move relative to the wheel arch around it if you see what I mean.

Mine does it and my Cupra R did it to.. Just pads moving in the caliper when i checked...

Mine didnt do this, pads were fine.

My bottom arm bush went and so did the ARB link-arm both gave me a knocking noise in different situations.

New link arm is about £15.00 from Audi IIRC, bottom arm bush is couple of £ if that.

Ash

I think it could be the pads just moving slightly in the caliper. My Civic did the same when i fitted Ferodo DS2500 pads to it. Only when reversing and just the once when u went back forward again.

I had it on my Leon Cupra R, I believe it was the pads moving slightly in the caliper. It was discussed loads of times on Seatcupra.net, nothing to worry about just a tad annoying!!