Getting car through MOT without ABS

rodenal

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea how i can get rid of the flashing light and sound when the abs fuse is pulled?

Would just get it fixed however nobody can actually find the fault, all wiring's been checked all the sensors have now been replaced, vag com hasnt a clue just tells me there's an intermittent fault - great.

Considered pulling the bulbs out the dash but isnt gonna stop the warning beep.

MOT isnt till October but i'm gonna have to sort this soon one way or the other.

What is the code that you are getting ?

Have you checked the multiway plug on the ABS ECU as I have heard of cases with corrosion of the contacts which could cause an intermittant problem.

Paul

Original fault code was the o/d/f sensor, no signal - replaced that only to find a different code, which simply says abs system intermittent fault. Would need to check tonight for the actual number.

Yeah all wiring and contacts have been checked, both by myself and a mechanic so doesnt seem to be a problem there, at a bit of a loss with it now- not even keeping the car much longer but i'd rather trade it in with a decent run of mot left on it to try and get that little bit more for the car.

I do believe that they check that the light comes on with the ignition and then see if it goes out, so taking the bulb out wouldnt help you there as it wouldnt come on in the first place. Could be wrong, if there are any MOT testers here...?

Sorry, it needs to be fixed. Also you can't 'pull' the bulb on the dash, it'll be a soldered LED (i think).