Looking for an S3... remap/100k

knobby

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am looking for an S3 however I slightly limited by my budget so looking to spend between 5-7k so probably looking at one with 70-100k on the clock.

Any advice on this? and would you have a car remapped that had done 100k?

Cheers in advance..

Knobby...

As above.

Buy a later A3 with the K03s turbo and then make your A3 faster than an S3.

7K's worth of S3 will be a bag of spanners.

I've been looking at the following one quite seriously too..

Any advice welcome :)

Cheers.

2000 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr [225] Hatchback

Price:
£7,500

ono.

function openWindow(url, windowName, features) {window.open(url, windowName,features); }

Features:

• 92,000 miles
  • Manual
  • BLACK
  • Petrol
  • 3 Door Hatchback
  • W reg (2000)

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

Manual, 92,000 miles, Black. ABS, Alarm, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Central locking, Climate control.vdo sat nav,reversing aids,fash.yr mot,taxed. £7,500. ono

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/common/ola/what-is-telesafe-buyers.jsp

Personally I held out for about 5 months before i found the S3 i wanted, as said above there are a lot of ropey ones kicking around nowadays.

with £5 - £7k I think you would struggle to find a decent example although you may be able to get a early 99 car if your lucky and can wait for the right one to come around.

IMO - I'd suggest you carry on saving and get a good one later on as you may regret jumping in if the car turns out to be abused.

make sure you can afford the running and maintenance costs of the S3 before you jump in.

for 5-7k, theres no way it'll be a looked after, well-serviced example.

Mine easily costs me a couple of K every year in just tyres and dealer servicing. I was hoping for an 'easy' year in between servicing, but theres always something that needs replacing due to "preventative maintenance"...

And the first one is for sale by some guy called zed - wasn't he in police academy?

Alright lads... Funny you think the second one is like a gypsy's car!!! I bought it last week haha. I paid £7650 for it. it has full main dealer history,Has a new Milltek exhaust system, B&M Short shift, Leather is unmarked aswell. it Has been Remapped by Amd to 249bhp with Rolling road printouts. It also has a folder full of receipts.... To be honest I would be wary of cheaper cars but it can be worth it if you find the right one. :laugh: