Volks AutosChris Nott
    A3 - 1.8Ts

Status

Horrible paint job......

Yes, summer is here and finally I had a chance to spend all day today, cleaning, and polishing my new A3....

It was going great guns, until I started to notice that one side of the rear bumper had a slight discolouration. Then I noticed a horrible respray on parts of the drivers side, and some horrible sanding on the same side, well covered by the respray. Obviously in an accident, but a huge dissapointment.

Don't get me wrong it is not instantly noticeable, but what a crap find as I was applying the wax...The car is still ten times better than the pug before. and I suppose, there is a lesson in this; pay more attention to every detail when buying the thing in the first place!!!

Craig

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi, its weird how you never notice these things until you give it a good clean, next time I buy one I’ll take a bucket and sponge with me, lol

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    bring some sunshine and all, it seems to bring the devil out in every detail!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi sorry didn't mean to click thanks, meant to hit reply. Was just gonna say I had the exact same thing on my A3. When I bought it it was a little dirty and I didn't notice anything wrong. When I got it home and showed my old man, he looked at the rear passenger side wing, and said it looks a little bit different in colour. Any how next morning I cleaned it up and polished it and low and behold, the colour was well out. I looked through the service history and turns out that two owners ago, the guy had it touched up by a company called Chips Away in Surrey. It was bl**dy awful, whoever did it should have been shot, turns out they also did the sill just behind the drivers door, which was done just as badly. The guy paid 500 quid to have this attrocity carried out! I paid my neighbour who works in a body shop to put it right, and to do it he blended the whole passenger side near enough, and did it well too and it only cost me 250. He also sorted out the rear bumper for no cost which had some scratches and cracks on the paint. I sometimes think you really need to wash a used car to notice all the blemishes before you buy it! Shame this isn't possible.
    1998 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo with black leather and Bose

S3 Drift King!

Status
    offtopic/

You can remove your thanks by clicking on the same button again.

/offtopic

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers Jojo, I didn't spot that
    1998 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo with black leather and Bose

Neutral

Status
    dodgey paint work is the vain of my life at the moment especially as i paid a fair price for it to be repaired, its going back in tomorow as i noticed a run in the paint last weekend. Im expecting some more overspray and for it to look worse again. This is the final chance before i cut my losses with this cowboy bodyshop and pay some one else to do it.