maf fitting

mastayoda

Reaction score
Hi just having fitted a new maf to hopefully resolve my poor mpg after remap, i was wondering if the ecu will need to be vag com'd or anything, i did have the batter disconected for around 30mins whilst fiddling around with it, i was hoping if a reset was required that would sort it.

cheers

Ollie

There is nothing to do, just fit and plug it in and away you go. Having the battery disconnected will force a TBR (Throttle body reset) anyway so you might find it's a little slow and unresponsive until the adaptation process is complete.

Would have been nice to log airflow with VAGCOM before and after though to highlight any differences.

Where did you get your remap done in the end Mastayoda?? plus how much did it cost and are you happy with the results?? i'm still researching this as i am now broke after getting the clutch etc done.

well, i sort of took a risk with where i got my remap done...I was at a GTI festival show at santa pod, and midland performance (bigbhp.com) were there, with all the gear doing special show prices on chips and remaps for vw's and audis there and then.

At £225 it seemed a bit of a bargain, but a bit of a risk miles from home and on the same day as f1 @ silerstone. But it has been fine, really masive difference over standard, feels quick now, even get the traction control light on now and again.

they claim the same increase as the other remaps (although he told me its probably more like 250 in reality) and i would assume it was not a map they had made them selves. For the money i spent on it, i think it is well worth it.

Oh, and my mpg is now back to normal after a 50 mile run of a mix of driving today with new air flow meter in place.

Thanks for the info mate, glad your happy and for £225 thats alot of Bhp for not alot of cash!

Still deciding where to go for my remap i think i want a custom code one.

i would defo reccomend one, it makes the car so much more fun.

It kept with an 07 imprezza wrx between about 20 - 80 the otherday.

mastayoda said:
well, i sort of took a risk with where i got my remap done...I was at a GTI festival show at santa pod, and midland performance (bigbhp.com) were there, with all the gear doing special show prices on chips and remaps for vw's and audis there and then.

At £225 it seemed a bit of a bargain, but a bit of a risk miles from home and on the same day as f1 @ silerstone. But it has been fine, really masive difference over standard, feels quick now, even get the traction control light on now and again.

they claim the same increase as the other remaps (although he told me its probably more like 250 in reality) and i would assume it was not a map they had made them selves. For the money i spent on it, i think it is well worth it.

Oh, and my mpg is now back to normal after a 50 mile run of a mix of driving today with new air flow meter in place.

Hello.

I am Nick from BIGBHP.COM. I just had a member/customer tell me about this thread so I would give my quids worth.

When we carry out remapping services at the major UK shows we are mainly there for promotion, name awareness and advice. We offer remaps and tuning parts at discounted rates to cover the cost of the day such as stand and wages.

At shows we offer our own generic OBD remaps from £225. and eeprom based tuning from £150. We was told by the event manager there would be a mobile rolling road company there and the plan was for us to carry out LIVE remaps on extream custom engines whilst on the dyno. this has now been re-planned for Bruntingthorpe next summer.

On the same day as you had your car remapped, I carried out a remap on a metallic Lime green Audi A3 1.8T, the customer wanted to know how I could prove it was a real remap and not a con, my reply was to tell him to take the A3 down the drag stip with the factory map, then we will remap the ECU and take the car down the stip again, If no vast improvment was made I will revert back to standard and no charges involved. The 1st run the A3 made a 16.4sec after the remap he made 14.4sec run. He came back with a huge smile and whipped out his credit card and paid me in full.

We also offered a 7 days money back on all our remap if your not 100% happy, Plus we write all our files for ISO and TUV standards which we can offer all customer a 2 years warranty.

We use the state of the art tools with over £195k invested over the last 12 years. We can remap 99.9% of the car on road.

It may have seemed a risk to you at the time, but I can guarantee you there was no risk involved at all. I am one the UKs tops Epprom based remappers, 80% of my skills and time is freelanced to some of the bigger named tuning compaines in Europe. We offer can advice to major ECU repairs & custom one off map files.

Regards
Nick