S3 TAKEN OFF ME!! WHAT CAN I DO???

Thank you everyone for the comment and useful suggestions.
Been speaking with the main man at DL, and he says at the moment its top of his priorities to sort out as its taken far too long and ive been ****** about left, right and centre.

The salvage company want it that much they have offered directline £6,000 for it as it is!! BUT!! They cant have it as it is because of all my parts on the car.
I told DL the salvage company can have it, but i want the cheque for £6,000

I know £6k is cheap but to end all this agro and ******* about im prepared to cut my losses and take the money, it'l cover my bank loan anyway which is my main concern.

Ok so i stand to lose about £8,000
Its hell of alot of money for a 20 year lad old i know, but thats life, you win some you lose some.
If i got the car back, put it on the road etc.. i think id be lucky to get £7,000 for it and thats after all the hassle of re-registering it with DVLA, getting the VIN numbers re-stamped etc etc...

a bit off topic but was just looking at S3 bits on Ebay and saw this advert and thought i have seen that S3 before and low and behold its the pic you use on your Avatar Ash_S3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-S3-Euro-Cupra-R-Lower-Race-Sport-Spoiler-Lip_W0QQitemZ140181312251QQihZ004QQcategoryZ23012QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is that a pic you just use for your avatar?? or is that you advertising on ebay?? either way i thought i would just point it out incase you didn't know.

Sorry if you did already know but if someone was using a pic of my car to advertise stuff on Ebay i would like to know.

claudefrog said:
how will you lose 8k?

does the car stand you 14k?

14k is what you paid for it 3 years ago

your always going to lose money from depreciation.

6k isnt too bad, if it were a straight car then it would be worth no more than 8k i'd say?

Noo

Ive only had it a year, i paid £9k for it, spent £3k on it plus sent £2500 to direct line
I totally understand the cost of depreciation especialy with the modifications, just looking at how much ive actualy spent/lost all together!

Cheers vrbob, theyre a german shop selling bits to the UK, they asked me for permission before they used the pictures so its all okay!
Thanks for keeping a eye out thou bud :icon_thumright:

No worries mate,

it was one of those moments where you think to yourself i have seen that somewhere before. Had to find this thread to make sure.

Glad its all above board as you have had enough car realted issues as of late.

ah right, sorry ash, i was sure you said 3 years. well looking at it that way, you're right, it is quite alot of cash in a year, but could be worse.

any luck with the guy who sold it to you?

Nah he's playing the 'dont answer the phone' game with me now, was being quite cooperative up until i mentioned the word solicitor. Just need to sort one problem out at a time, need to have a definite yes or no on whether im getting the car back or not, then i can focus my attention on suing him for my money back.

At the moment it looks like il just be getting my parts back, everything listed in my signature basically. Until i know for sure theres not an awful lot i can do..

This has been going of for far too long now
Plus the cheap £500 diesel 'cant go wrong' runabout i bought has just given up the ghost, headgasket ******! Another kick in the nuts!!

hi mate well if you get the bits and are looking to sell them i may be interested in the springs and maybe exhaust system,depending on price pm me if interested or post up here,cheers mate,and sorry to hear that your have been messed about,dan

Cheers dan

Yeh all the bits will be up for sale if i get them back, will start up a new thread once theyre all in my posession, gonna try and pinch the interior and a few other bits while im at it, ******** to the salvage yard gettin em!!

Im pretty sure the engine and interior are mine anyway as they came out of the other car, but i have no means of getting the engine out on my own so it looks like it'l have to stay in
Might fill it with sand or something tho!! lol just because the salvage yard and direct line have ****** me about more than you can imagine, ive got a right mind to damage every pannel on the car too!!

I know i shouldnt think like that but they just make me so angry!

Looking to buy an S3 in next the few months and have just read this whole article. Gutted for you mate, and things like a HPI check and all that is something I really wouldn't have bothered with! Keep battling on and I wish you all the best with it.

-Clearly there's a lot of us out there who are concerned that justice is served!
:weight_lift2:

ash if you wanna **** them off that bad after you remove the interior fill it with expanding foam,me and a few of my mates done this to an old college tutors metro and lets just say we got our selves into a lot of **** with the police but it was worth it poor bloke couldnt even open the doors,kinda feel sorry for him now,but never mind lol:jump:

S3 Wannabe said:
Looking to buy an S3 in next the few months and have just read this whole article. Gutted for you mate, and things like a HPI check and all that is something I really wouldn't have bothered with! Keep battling on and I wish you all the best with it.

-Clearly there's a lot of us out there who are concerned that justice is served!
:weight_lift2:

Thanks matey

My advice would be to buy one from a trader, or if you must buy private get an RAC / AA examination done, for the sake of £50 or whatever it is on a £9k car is absolutely nothing and it guarantees your motor is genuine.
HPi checks are proved useless against 'ringed' vehicles

Be careful mate, hope you find your perfect S3, i thought i did...

I have only just seen this thread as I don't visit this site as much as I used to when the S3 was new (to me). I bought mine private but did HPI it. Now I know HPI doesn't spot a "clone" but in this case it would have spotted the outstanding debt and the odd colour change, this would have lead to a line of enquiry that should have put you off this car.
However the silver lining to this is it seems the damage this has done to your finances may have put you off buyng a house (hope so). If this is the case you may count your lucky stars later. The £8k loss you have had will turn into a much bigger gain by waiting for the impending house price crash. I wish you much luck mate you've had some bad now I'm sure some good is heading your way - don't rush to buy a house now.

thanks for that eddie

Quick update, insurance company have agreed to deliver the car back to my house so i can strip all my parts off it before it get crushed.
Gonna go to town on it i think, get off just about everyrthing i can and advertise it all on here / ebay.
Asked the manager if the engine and interior are mine and hes getting back to me, if i dont hear off him il take it as theyre mine and keep them.

Just need to find a very cheap, ****** set of wheels / steelies i can put on the car once ive taken my wheels off just so it can be picked up again when ive finished. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

ash

just be careful what you take off the car, if you're only allowed to take off 'your' parts. sounds like it will just go off to get crushed so no-one will ever know anyway though...

you can fit any wheel to it for picking up to be crushed, get some steelies form a scrpa yard with a largsih centrebore, (bigger than the 55mil ones on the audi). So long as the pcd is about 100ish, even if they are 4 stud, you can put them on and fit just one wheel nut. Its only for loading on the low loader after all!
Have complete motor, interior, bumpers even the doors and glass out of it. The only bit I think they will be interested in destroying is the bodyshell. You should recover about £4k if you strip all those bits. Even bonnet and tailgate came of "your car" I think you will find! Front wings are woder on s3s and worht a bob or two also.

Thanks simch!

wanted to try and leave the body alone so it doesnt look like its totaly gutted!! lol but il see what the insurance company say, like jon said, i cant strip off whats not mine unless i know its going to be crushed or i could get billed for the bits!!

Will find out though before i let rip with the spanners!! lol

god_thats_quick said:
This is going to sound really daft, but I'd be interested in the battery cover and the screws from the airbox cover if you can get them off and don't need them.

Good luck getting some money back!

Will be putting a 'for sale' thread up when i actualy get the car so if you could PM me then mate that would be great. Ive actualy got the battery cover here as it wasnt fitted when they took the car away.
Its pretty new aswel as i bought it from audi

ash_s3 said:
Will be putting a 'for sale' thread up when i actualy get the car so if you could PM me then mate that would be great. Ive actualy got the battery cover here as it wasnt fitted when they took the car away.
Its pretty new aswel as i bought it from audi

WOW i just sat here and read the whole thread, can i ask a few questions..

Are they going to pay you the 6k and give you the car back to strip?

What happens to the 2.5k you have already paid?

How is the other guy coming along? Has agreed to cough up the 5k you wanted?

Very interesting thread Ash, sorry for your loss, but this will defo make people think twice when buying 2nd hand cars, so you have done us all a favour :)

Good luck

ronny said:
WOW i just sat here and read the whole thread, can i ask a few questions..

Are they going to pay you the 6k and give you the car back to strip?

What happens to the 2.5k you have already paid?

How is the other guy coming along? Has agreed to cough up the 5k you wanted?

Very interesting thread Ash, sorry for your loss, but this will defo make people think twice when buying 2nd hand cars, so you have done us all a favour :)

Good luck

Heard from the insurance company today.

The £2500 cheque is in the post, wont be getting the £6k anymore sadly, but yes the car is coming back for me to strip but i cant have too much off it, should be allowed the brakes, exhaust and full interior +all my mods, so its not too bad.
NOT allowed the engine, this must remain in the car and it will be crushed with the car too. What a waste of a perfectly good engine + gearbox!!

Not sure whats happening with the guy i bought it from, hes not answering the phone anymore which is a bit of an ****. Il see where i stand once ive got back all i can from the bits i sell etc.. then see whether or not i take him to court if he wont settle it out of court.

Thanks

ash

simch just read your last post and i think you accidently wrote a racist word,it edit mate you know how some people can be,also still interestd in the bits ash

danotto said:
simch just read your last post and i think you accidently wrote a racist word,it edit mate you know how some people can be,also still interestd in the bits ash

Ok mate, will let you know as soon as i do!

cheers
ash

Hi Ash

Really feal for ya man but glad it's finally getting sorted now and you can learn from this and move on hey!

But you should make sure you keep with it and chase the seller, if not for the money then just for the

principle of all this and teach him a lesson, esp as he's not been very helpful with ya

Good luck for the future though mate :thumbsup:

and what you doing next Car or House?

s3_tny said:
Hi Ash

Really feal for ya man but glad it's finally getting sorted now and you can learn from this and move on hey!

But you should make sure you keep with it and chase the seller, if not for the money then just for the

principle of all this and teach him a lesson, esp as he's not been very helpful with ya

Good luck for the future though mate :thumbsup:

and what you doing next Car or House?

Cheers buddy, kind comments mean alot during these times.
Dont know mate, i really dont!! Unsure about house prices etc at the moment and my current salary isnt great at the mo as ive just started a new job.
Fancy getting something cheap and fun for a while, MR2 turbo or similar! I dunno, just an idea!

Thanks pal

ash

P.S. IanGSi16v - The wheels will be for sale mate, they're unmarked and they've got 4 brand new tyres fitted.

Well guys, its back on my drive looking so sorry for itself.
It really hit me hard to see it on the back of a low-loader, covered in **** and with no number plates on

It really ***** me off to think of all the time and money ive put into this car, and its going to get crushed

I know its only a car but it means so much to me, cars are a big part of my life, i dont smoke, do drugs and a hardly drink at all, so all my time and money goes into what i love doing - my car

On a more positive note, i jumped her off my mums car and it started 1st time, runs so sweet its unbelievable after months of storage.
Took it out for one last drive, i had forgotten the power of the S3 (have been driving mums 1.3 Civic!!!)

I really want another S3 now, but i dont think my budget can stretch to it! It could if i sell all my mods, but then id only want to put them back on another S3!!!

I can only imagine how you must feel mate. I couldn't drive mine for two weeks after having my arm in plaster, and it felt great when I got back in it.
So not having it for months, then getting it back must have be soooo much fun. It is a massive shame that it's going to be crushed.

gutted. Time to forget about it though and make the best of a bad situation.

other than the mods, make sure you have the highly ebayable interior parts off it, for example,

ashtray
cupholder
alarm siren
central locking pump
OEM speakers if BOSE (yes i know they're crap, but they'll sell)
hazzard relay
maybe a bit of the piano black if you can get away with it
electric seat harnesses if possible
cruise control loom if fitted
armrest if fitted
maybe foglights?

EDIT:

interior mats
cd changer cable

feel sorry for you mate

dont sell the parts straight away, because i have a feeling you will end up getting a new one,

hope everything works out for you mate

One side of me says - Move on, cut your losses and buy something else

Another side says - Buy another S3 and swap all the best bits over!!

I really dont know what to do!!

MADVW - how much could i look at selling each of those items for if you dont mind, has bose speakers, sub, amp, stereo, and cd changer

cheers

ash

Followed this since it started.
Thinking aboiut how crap it would be if this happened to me ! and mines only a 1.6. but i can relate to what you mean when you say you don't smoke, do drugs.. or really drink, all my money goes into my car too! i'd be absolutely gutted.

but. Out with the old and in with the new mate! Get another S3 .. different colour, sell ALL the parts so you can afford it. starting on a blank canvas would be awesome. and a chance to make this car even better than the last!

oh yeah and the colour to get is a red one :D

OK, having a guestimate from when I watched ebay for s3 parts, most people seem to make a few quid from postage too, so dont forget to include wrapping and petrol costs to postoffice.

ashtray £20+
cupholder definitely £25+ people go silly for these as they cost a lot new
alarm siren got to be worth £30-50 (£80 new)
central locking pump average of £30, but seen some go £100+
OEM speakers if BOSE (yes i know they're crap, but they'll sell) anything from £50 for the set, maybe more if individually.
hazzard relay no more than £5-10
maybe a bit of the piano black if you can get away with it depends which bit. best bit would be the console fascia, but that would be obvious :)
electric seat harnesses if possible pass, but you cant buy them from a dealer.
cruise control loom if fitted maybe £15-20
armrest if fitted £75-100
maybe foglights? these are astronomical from a dealer, like £200 each, they usually go for £60 each or £100 for a set
interior mats maybe £30 to the right person?
cd changer cable £5-15?

CD changer £60-100+
Headunit, depending on which one anything from £20-140

Those piano black bits of trim are worth alot on their own audi charge silly money for them

so gutted for you... don't forget the engine covers being the S3, if you can take the badges and front grill and replace it with chicken wire... not sure if its pushing it but wing mirrors seem to go for some money, also rear view mirror, replace it with a stick on mirror. if you have bose speaker get them out, these do well on ebay...

wish you the best of luck with this and hope you get most of your money back. also good luck with the house I am sure it will work out...

Id be taking as much as you can off that car. If your not allowed the engine then they didnt stipulate you couldnt take the turbo manifold Ecu woring loom etc etc... just leave the bare engine.... From the sounds of it its technically yours anyway....

Really gutted for you mate...