Buying an S3

gman

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'm looking at changing my Mk2 Golf GTI. I have driven a Honda Civic Type R, with which I was not completely impressed. The two cars I have short listed are the Impreza or the S3. I am going to test drive both cars this weekend.

Out of the two I prefer the S3, but my budjet will only allow me to get a 'W', 'X' or 'Y' reg car with about 40K - 50K miles on it.

I was hoping someone could tell me what things to look out for on a car of this age and what sort of cost i.e. servicing would be coming up

Regards
G-Man

I paid £19500 for my S3 2001 from an Audi dealer with 16000 mile on it back in Oct 2003. Came with optional extras like alloy mirrors, symphony headunit, center arm rest and metalic paint.

For the ammount of miles that you are looking at on an S3, the cost of this should be between £12k and £15k I would estimate.

Oh yeah...........check that you have the latest coil packs and the car would need a cam belt change at around 50k miles too, apart from that a pretty sound and reliable car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif