Ming Blue owners - Help please!

ash_s3

Reaction score
Hi
Any Ming Blue owners had trouble matching the paint on your car?
Just had front and rear bumpers resprayed (stone chips n scratches) and the colour is alot darker than the rest of the car. Was done at a main dealer garage as a foreigner, the paint was mixed to the correct code found in the boot.
The lad hasnt charged me yet and said he will do whatever it takes to get it sorted, just wondered if theres alot of variations of the colour or if anyone else has had any greif??

Shame it dosent match because hes done a perfect job!

Cheers
Ash

I aways thought that because if the paint code macthing isn't a problem!

That's from my body work man, but he is amazsing!!

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right...

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rate

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rare c

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rare colour and

i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rare colour and i

^^^^^LOL

My car's not been painted since birth but the touch up stick from Audi matches well enough.

When i had my bumpers and spoiler sprayed i found out there was 3 variations of ming blue.

nickelvery said:
lol

lol

how was that possible.

Also are you coming to the next meet Prawn?

if i must....... :icon_thumright:

wont have my new turbo and stuff on by then though, slight change of plan due to running out of money. blew my last two weeks wages on a ko3S turbo, a full milltek turbo back exhaust and Forge TIP, and now cant afford to pay my rent, which is 3 weeks overdue :)

id rather not run the new turbo unmapped, so im going to wait until ive got the FMIC as well, then fit it all, and get myself a credit card and bang the remap on that.

the debt spirals further out of control!

back on topic:

as for colour matching, i dont know how relavent it is to the ming blue colour, but apparently the base colour is always the same for a colour, and the pearl effect can vary depending on how many coats of laquer are applied.

so its often down to how good the sprayer is as to the colour match.

I own a ming blue motor and recently had the rear bumper re-sprayed by an Audi body shop as my neighbour drove into it whilst I was stood washing it (enormous muppet :banghead:).

The colour match was spot on, but the quality of the job chewed pork...:mad:

There are 3 shades of blue. Standard, light and a dark tone. The body shop should have a swatch with all 3 variants on it and match it from there. Ask to see the swatch that they matched it to. If they can't show you - it's time to kick up a fuss!

Get them to do it again anyway.

Hope this helps, good luck and let me know how you get on...

thanks everyone!
He will be doing it again, said hes going to spray some test cards or something first. He had a load of different colours in a little book thing and the code that my car is looked too dark (what he sprayed it to)

The car is having some warranty work done on the paint in 2weeks so i might just ask then.

So there's 3 shades of Ming Blue all with the same colour code??

Cheers
Ash

had my front wing painted ming blue pearl effect after accident - it was slightly lighter, but was told the paint will faid and match the rest of the car, i can't notice any difference now.

I had chips away touch up my car <oooh er....> last week and the guy told me that not only are the variations on the colour but there is also different batch codes as to when painted.......

IIRC there are 3 varaints all on the same code - but don't quote me on that!
He should have a swatch with that code on it showing the 3 variants, then you have to judge by eye which is closest.

11 Years later I have a ming blue B6 A4 From 2003, I need a front and rear bumper respray and I need a solid answer or suggest because I do not just feel lije throwing money away..