Badger5EM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Ming Blue owners - Help please!

Hi
    Any Ming Blue owners had trouble matching the paint on your car?
    Just had front and rear bumpers resprayed (stone chips n scratches) and the colour is alot darker than the rest of the car. Was done at a main dealer garage as a foreigner, the paint was mixed to the correct code found in the boot.
    The lad hasnt charged me yet and said he will do whatever it takes to get it sorted, just wondered if theres alot of variations of the colour or if anyone else has had any greif??

Shame it dosent match because hes done a perfect job!

Cheers
    Ash
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

2. # ADS
    ADS

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    I aways thought that because if the paint code macthing isn't a problem!

That's from my body work man, but he is amazsing!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right...

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rate

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rare c

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rare colour and

Reverse Gear

Status
    i have ming blue. i had the back resprayed and it come out perfect. the exact colour is called ming blue pearl effect. it all depends on the sprayer matching the colours up right... and the ming blue is a rare colour and i

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    how many times do you want to get the point across?

Four Wheel Drifting

Status
    ^^^^^LOL

My car's not been painted since birth but the touch up stick from Audi matches well enough.
    Unmolested Ming blue S3 (so it doesn't handle or stop very well), Bose, sunroof and centre armrest but no heated seats - Gone but not forgotten although I am enjoying the new 350CLK!

PSN - S3hawkster

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelvery
    how many times do you want to get the point across?
    8 apparently
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn
    8 apparently
    lol

lol

how was that possible.

Also are you coming to the next meet Prawn?

Audi dead, 2.0T all the way!

Status
    When i had my bumpers and spoiler sprayed i found out there was 3 variations of ming blue.
    BLACK AUDI A4 B7 2.0TDI 140BHP S-LINE AVANT
    RED GOLF MK5 2.0TFSI 253BHP GTI
    BLUE GOLF MK3.5 2.0 110BHP COLOUR CONCEPT CABRIOLET

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelvery
    lol

lol

how was that possible.

Also are you coming to the next meet Prawn?
    if i must.......

wont have my new turbo and stuff on by then though, slight change of plan due to running out of money. blew my last two weeks wages on a ko3S turbo, a full milltek turbo back exhaust and Forge TIP, and now cant afford to pay my rent, which is 3 weeks overdue

id rather not run the new turbo unmapped, so im going to wait until ive got the FMIC as well, then fit it all, and get myself a credit card and bang the remap on that.

the debt spirals further out of control!

back on topic:

as for colour matching, i dont know how relavent it is to the ming blue colour, but apparently the base colour is always the same for a colour, and the pearl effect can vary depending on how many coats of laquer are applied.

so its often down to how good the sprayer is as to the colour match.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    I own a ming blue motor and recently had the rear bumper re-sprayed by an Audi body shop as my neighbour drove into it whilst I was stood washing it (enormous muppet ).

The colour match was spot on, but the quality of the job chewed pork...
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

1st Gear

Status
    There are 3 shades of blue. Standard, light and a dark tone. The body shop should have a swatch with all 3 variants on it and match it from there. Ask to see the swatch that they matched it to. If they can't show you - it's time to kick up a fuss!

Get them to do it again anyway.

Hope this helps, good luck and let me know how you get on...

5th Gear

Status
    thanks everyone!
    He will be doing it again, said hes going to spray some test cards or something first. He had a load of different colours in a little book thing and the code that my car is looked too dark (what he sprayed it to)

The car is having some warranty work done on the paint in 2weeks so i might just ask then.

So there's 3 shades of Ming Blue all with the same colour code??

Cheers
    Ash
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

Whoever does not try, does not learn.

Status
    had my front wing painted ming blue pearl effect after accident - it was slightly lighter, but was told the paint will faid and match the rest of the car, i can't notice any difference now.
    Audi S3 (52) 265bhp Revo Stage 1

2nd Gear

Status
    I had chips away touch up my car <oooh er....> last week and the guy told me that not only are the variations on the colour but there is also different batch codes as to when painted.......

1st Gear

Status
    IIRC there are 3 varaints all on the same code - but don't quote me on that!
    He should have a swatch with that code on it showing the 3 variants, then you have to judge by eye which is closest.