Wheel refurbishment in / near Glasgow??

Greggers

Reaction score
Evening all...I've a set of 18s on my S3 (anyone know which car they're off? I cannae remember! Bought the car a couple of months ago with them already on), which need re-furbishing (badly curbed)...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170108592876&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting
S3-b.jpg

Does anyone know of a good re-furbisher near to Glasgow, please?

Thanks a lot,
greggers

Hey buddy you really are new to this. Only joking.

There are old RS4 wheels, I have them on mine too.

They also went on the TT.

If you lived down here then I could help out with refurbs, sorry buddy.

nickelvery said:
Hey buddy you really are new to this. Only joking.

There are old RS4 wheels, I have them on mine too.

They also went on the TT.

If you lived down here then I could help out with refurbs, sorry buddy.

Oit! Leave it out :p

I'm a bit useless, I will admit - I've moved to Glasgow from London recently, hence not having many contacts, and I've moved from the dark side (Cosworths) to Audis, so surely I get some credit for that?! ;)

Stick a YB engine in front of me & I'll give you all the answers you could ever want, but these new-fangled engines? Lost me!

Thought they might be RS4 wheels, just checking ;)

greggers

Greggers said:
Oit! Leave it out :p

I'm a bit useless, I will admit - I've moved to Glasgow from London recently, hence not having many contacts, and I've moved from the dark side (Cosworths) to Audis, so surely I get some credit for that?! ;)

Stick a YB engine in front of me & I'll give you all the answers you could ever want, but these new-fangled engines? Lost me!

Thought they might be RS4 wheels, just checking ;)

greggers

I'm only joking mate, don't worry.

Why the big move?

To be fair Scotland does hold alot of people who love their Audi's so all is well.:jester:

Welcome to the west end!

I saved this from a previous thread, but haven't got round to contacting the guy - If he's willing to come to Glasgow, I've got a set of wheels needing some attention....

"Anyway, called Chipsaway who sent out a chap called Richard Wallbanks. What a guy. Excellent job, came to me on a campsite in Edinburgh at 7pm at night then almost hounded me until I was absoulutly satisfied.

Visited me three times in all (not cause he didn't get it right first time, I just had to be places) Would highly recommend if anyones up that way. In the end I had two other wheels tidied up whilst he was there and it came to £100 for all three wheels!! Bargain.

You can get him on 07775754887."

djmotorsport said:
Welcome to the west end!

I saved this from a previous thread, but haven't got round to contacting the guy - If he's willing to come to Glasgow, I've got a set of wheels needing some attention....

"Anyway, called Chipsaway who sent out a chap called Richard Wallbanks. What a guy. Excellent job, came to me on a campsite in Edinburgh at 7pm at night then almost hounded me until I was absoulutly satisfied.

Visited me three times in all (not cause he didn't get it right first time, I just had to be places) Would highly recommend if anyones up that way. In the end I had two other wheels tidied up whilst he was there and it came to £100 for all three wheels!! Bargain.

You can get him on 07775754887."

There we go.

don't get them painted and lacquered. get them properly powdercoated, lasts longer looks better and is way more resilient. you will be getting them done again in a year.
you will need the tyres off though.

place outside Edinburgh called BBS (google it) did an awesome job on mine.
£40 a corner

Sorry fellas, been away for a few days....

nickelvery - moved up here cos of work, and yeah, there do seem to be a lot of S-Audis, as it were, up here. Thought it'd be all Ford RSs!

djmotorsport - ta, you hail from round here too? Thanks for that number - did you get yours done at all?

jcb - ta for the tip, will defo get em powdercoated properly. If a job's worth doing... And I'll check BBS out, ta :)

S3 Gaz - nice 'n close, I like that. Will check 'em out too.

Pics to follow :D

Auto Image in Edinburgh are meant to me pretty good. They also have a bigger premises in Glasgow at 286-288 Great Western Road, G4 9EJ.

nky_84 said:
Auto Image in Edinburgh are meant to me pretty good. They also have a bigger premises in Glasgow at 286-288 Great Western Road, G4 9EJ.

Gt Western Rd? That's 5mins from my house! Quality, thanks a lot :)

I think the mrs runs the Edinburgh shop an has an RS4, an the guy runs the Glasgow one an has an RS6!!