Stealers wrecked my wheel!!!!!

S3 Dave

Now running on Heavy Oil
Reaction score
Got home from Audi today pleased with service etc went to open my passenger door to notice N/S F wheel has been totally F*cked up.
I know it was OK before it went in for service this morning!!:wtf:

Phoned them straight away and they said the person who did the road test said they didn't do it and the mechanic had gone home!! We'll get back to you on Monday!
I'm F*uckin Livid!!
Can anyone advise me on what I should do???
I can't prove it but I know I couldn't of done it it looks like its been driven through an underpass kirb!!
Should I contact Audi UK?? Should I burn the dealership down???
Please Advise..................:confused: :confused:

Another weird thing the road test is normally 1.5 miles as I always 0 my trip first, today it was only 0.4 miles and on the tick list they have not ticked the OK for road test!!?

When i bought my BBS wheels for my golf i made an issue of every time i took it to any garage i pointed out that every wheel was in A1 condition so that if anything happened i could prove a point !!

I normally look around but it was Shittin it down so I didn't!........I know.

1. Go down on Monday

2. Get them to get the mechanic who "road tested" the car to come and see you infront of the manager

3. Get the exact 0.4 mile route written down on paper EXACTLY where they went

4. Long shot but if the wheel is that screwed then walk the route (its not that far) and check the kerb lines, fresh scraping and bits of alloy should be there where its hit.

Dont tell them you are going to do this first though!

JamS3 said:
1. Go down on Monday

2. Get them to get the mechanic who "road tested" the car to come and see you infront of the manager

3. Get the exact 0.4 mile route written down on paper EXACTLY where they went

4. Long shot but if the wheel is that screwed then walk the route (its not that far) and check the kerb lines, fresh scraping and bits of alloy should be there where its hit.

Dont tell them you are going to do this first though!

I concur, I would go round and take no **** from them, from my dealings with Audi from being a customer and working for them you should right to the top. Just build a strong case like the above and go for it.

:rulez:

chelmsford audi did this to my car, both front wheels. I took it back to them and demanded they repair the damage, which they did.

Also if the damage is that bad, i would insist that they do a full 4 wheel alignment as they have probably disturbed the tracking.

cjhill said:
Also if the damage is that bad, i would insist that they do a full 4 wheel alignment as they have probably disturbed the tracking.

I agree, that's a good idea.

cjhill said:

After calming down a little I have to admit maybe i exaggerated the description its bad but it was only normal curbing/ramp or something.
Will see what 2mrw brings.

Which dealer was it? I had mine kerbed by the Audi stealer who use to operate in Digbeth, and they also gave my S3 a ragging on the so called 'road 'test' I was told later by a friend. I also picked my car up on a rainy day, and parked it straight into my garage to protect it, only found the wheel damage 2 weeks later when I took it out, so didn't go back.

Take Some Photos your already had of the car.... and put the date over the top in bright green in the bottom corner.... how those cheap digital camera's do. This can easily be done. Use this as evidence too show the audi was in perfect condition. Put the date too a few days before the service and say that the only time its been drove is too the garage. Cant do any harm for your arguement. May help... may not!?

IN-A3 said:
Just a thought, but may have been done driving on or off the lift in the workshop.

I take it you mean the ramp, surely at an Audi stealer, they'd have drive hundreds and possibly thousands of A3's and A4's on and off the ramps, you'd have to be a monkey to scrape an alloy, but not saying it's impossible of course...

Whites in Camberley did this to mine. As they always walk you around your car when you drop it off noting any problems, I always walk around the car again before I go in to pay - even if it is raining. Noticed that they had kerbed the front wheel, went in and pointed it out to them. On that particular instance they couldn't find the pre-service visual inspection proving it wasn't damaged before, but they still tried to wriggle out. I asked for an appointment to see the dealer principal, and wrote in big letters all over their copy of the invoice that they alloy had been kerbed by the garage during the work carried out.

When I met the dealer principal the following week he was very apologetic, booked the car in for a wheel refurb later that week and offered me a TT convertible as a courtesy car (which unfortunately I couldn't use as I had to go somewhere on the train).

Unfortunately in your situation you took the car away before you noticed, but any dealer worth his salt and wanting to retain goodwill will own up - but you may need to put pressure on the principal first.

No matter what the weather, it is always worth inspecting the car before you drive away. If it's dark, get them to pull it into one of the repair bays. They think you are mad but it prevents so many problems later down the line.

Good luck.

nickelvery said:
Are there any updates S3 Dave?

Yes indeed there is!!
After a call this morning I was called back by the dealer who said he had spoken to the Mechanic/roadtest people concerned and that they "could not remember" and as a valued customer of Audi I can bring it in on any Wednesday and have the wheel refurbished Free of charge!!
Booked in for a week Wednesday so will have to see what I get to drive!!!
Learnt my lesson though always always check before you leave!!!
Thanks all
:) :)

S3 Dave said:
Yes indeed there is!!
After a call this morning I was called back by the dealer who said he had spoken to the Mechanic/roadtest people concerned and that they "could not remember" and as a valued customer of Audi I can bring it in on any Wednesday and have the wheel refurbished Free of charge!!
Booked in for a week Wednesday so will have to see what I get to drive!!!
Learnt my lesson though always always check before you leave!!!
Thanks all
:) :)

Glad to hear it well done mate. :rockwoot:

bouncer--daz said:
Take Some Photos your already had of the car.... and put the date over the top in bright green in the bottom corner.... how those cheap digital camera's do. This can easily be done. Use this as evidence too show the audi was in perfect condition. Put the date too a few days before the service and say that the only time its been drove is too the garage. Cant do any harm for your arguement. May help... may not!?

May also get you locked up if Audi find out and make a complaint of trying to obtain property be deception!

I would post some pics of my wheel but i don't know how the f**k to do it anyone help????

it is quite common for customers to claim that dealers scraped or damaged their car its human nature to be gutted when we damage our own cars and try to make someone else pay for it as adults i think we can all admit that!, most main dealers now complete a damage report on the vehicle before the car is taken into a workshop or even moved, to prove that damage was their before a car was worked on. i think from their point of view it is a good idea, this protects the technicians. also it makes the customers that try it on look stupid when the manager turns round and says yes but at 8.00 when they rought you car in they already saw that scrape on your whhel sir, its those that try it on and their are loads that make the real damage claims harder to get.

I think a good thing would be too have the inspection done with the customer there at the time. Would take 5min. Its normally done with hire cars etc... so why not at the stealers!?!

bouncer--daz said:
I think a good thing would be too have the inspection done with the customer there at the time. Would take 5min. Its normally done with hire cars etc... so why not at the stealers!?!

When I worked at the Stealers they did that!

foolish3uk said:
it is quite common for customers to claim that dealers scraped or damaged their car its human nature to be gutted when we damage our own cars and try to make someone else pay for it as adults i think we can all admit that!, most main dealers now complete a damage report on the vehicle before the car is taken into a workshop or even moved, to prove that damage was their before a car was worked on. i think from their point of view it is a good idea, this protects the technicians. also it makes the customers that try it on look stupid when the manager turns round and says yes but at 8.00 when they brought you car in they already saw that scrape on your wheel sir, its those that try it on and their are loads that make the real damage claims harder to get.

Yes I agree if they had done an inspection first then I wouldn't of had to go through all this they would of told me when I went to collect the car. I wouldn't try and get a £40 refurb out of Audi after spending over £1000 in the last year on work!?! I know what your saying but I can tell you where and when any mark was made on my car. Something happened and they know more than they let on that's why I feel they are doing something to rectify it :yes: .

Damage by main dealers is at endemic proportions, the fact that most now conduct appraisals on arrival is testament only to the lack of faith in their employees..

And yes, I've had the damaged alloys problem!

Had the wheel repaired today and to be fair to Audi they have done a top job!! I got an 07 s line A4 TD for the day and they have done a really good job on the wheel! I was seriously ****** with them but they have come up trumps! You pay the price for using stealer's but would you get that anywhere else???

:)

I had a Honda dealer put several hefty dings in my Integra Type R (which has the thinnest panels ever!) because I couldnt prove they did it, i got nothing! I told them they should do a vehicle inspection with damage report sheet, just like the do when they give you one of THEIR courtesy cars! grrrrr