S3 Coolant warning

Mike.M

Reaction score
Had the coolant warning light come on this morning.........checked coolant and that was fine, started car again, and light came on so turned off again.

Disappeared after third attempt to start car!

Might call out RAC..............it was parked on the lawn last night for a change.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Yessir, had a similar problem on my S3. Mine occured only when the temperature was below -5 degrees Celcius. I managed to get it to disappear by restarting once. A couple of times it disappeared by itself within a couple of minutes.

Had it in for service and mentioned about the problem. My local stealer didn't find any problems, but they measured all components (=cleaned them?), especially the coolant level sensor and it has worked fine since that. So try to clean the sensor first, you might save a quid or two.

Took her to Audi yesterday as I wanted it seen to asap and when they looked into the problem, they found no problem.

They did change the sensors for me and topped up the coolant etc for free, just to make sure.

Nice guys!

[ QUOTE ]
Dolm said:
Yessir, had a similar problem on my S3. Mine occured only when the temperature was below -5 degrees Celcius. I managed to get it to disappear by restarting once. A couple of times it disappeared by itself within a couple of minutes.

Had it in for service and mentioned about the problem. My local stealer didn't find any problems, but they measured all components (=cleaned them?), especially the coolant level sensor and it has worked fine since that. So try to clean the sensor first, you might save a quid or two.

[/ QUOTE ]Had same problem with mine only happend when it was freezing but its not happend for a while now for some reason even when its been colder than when it happend before ?????