Volks AutosBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Turbo Problems??

Hi All!

What a bad couple of days!
    First I noticed a nasty whining noise coming from the power steering and found a leak near the rack, luckily the warranty have agreed to pay. Still annoying though.

I then noticed what I can only describe as an increase in turbo lag, just doesn't seem to pull as well as it should do, any ideas or should i get audi to look into it when they are doing the steering?
    Could the turbo be knackered, the car has done 132000 miles now, just cant stop driving it lol.
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    What car do you have?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry should have said it's a 1999 S3 Quattro

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    Have you VAGcom handy?

Where do you live?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've got VagCom but as yet it is not registered, doing that tommorow, I live near Bournemouth, Dorset

3rd Gear

Status
    you have warranty on a 1999 s3 ,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I got it through the dealer I bought it from 8 months ago, It's with a company called 'Motorplan'. Was really pleased with it.

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3DanP
    Yeah I got it through the dealer I bought it from 8 months ago, It's with a company called 'Motorplan'. Was really pleased with it.
    how much does it cost?

1st Gear

Status
    Yer i bought my S3 from an Independant dealer 8 months ago and got a 3 yr warranty for 650.
    I can claim 12 times a year with a limit of 1000 per claim.
    It covers everything apart from consumables, interior and bodywork.
    Excess is 25 per claim

The only condition is that i change the oil every 6000 miles

Very handy

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steebo888
    Yer i bought my S3 from an Independant dealer 8 months ago and got a 3 yr warranty for 650.
    I can claim 12 times a year with a limit of 1000 per claim.
    It covers everything apart from consumables, interior and bodywork.
    Excess is 25 per claim

The only condition is that i change the oil every 6000 miles

Very handy
    So for example if I needed a new clutch and flywheel that will more than 1000 from an audi dealer with fitting it, that won't be covered? Can you get the work done anywhere else or does it have to be at the Audi Dealer?

Who do I need to speak to about this?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelvery
    So for example if I needed a new clutch and flywheel that will more than 1000 from an audi dealer with fitting it, that won't be covered? Can you get the work done anywhere else or does it have to be at the Audi Dealer?

Who do I need to speak to about this?
    my warranties with olympic. I can get work done through them at a non audi garage using oem parts.
    If anythings over 1000 i pay the difference but most things wont be more. Mt local garage said even a new turbo he can get for 300.

but there is another warranty place called warranty direct which will cost around 300/450 yearly. The cover is 5000 for the whole year which some people may prefer. you can pay about 20% more premium if you prefer the work to be done at audi.
    most warranties are avaible for cars up to 10 years and under 100k unless you get the warranty when buying the car.

also you can get aa parts and labour warranty for breakdown cover which is 65 per year. You have unlimited claims for up to 500 each time.

RS4 B5 380bhp

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steebo888
    my warranties with olympic. I can get work done through them at a non audi garage using oem parts.
    If anythings over 1000 i pay the difference but most things wont be more. Mt local garage said even a new turbo he can get for 300.

but there is another warranty place called warranty direct which will cost around 300/450 yearly. The cover is 5000 for the whole year which some people may prefer. you can pay about 20% more premium if you prefer the work to be done at audi.
    most warranties are avaible for cars up to 10 years and under 100k unless you get the warranty when buying the car.

also you can get aa parts and labour warranty for breakdown cover which is 65 per year. You have unlimited claims for up to 500 each time.
    Nice one i might look into doing this.