Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

headlight adjustment up and down

can you manually adjust the height of the lights? i have fitted facelift xenons to my a3 and havnt recieved the self levelling kit yet as they are out of stock. at the moment the dipped beam are to low can i manually adjust them heigher? thanks

i have fitted these to an a3 tho! do i still need vag com? my a3 had standard pre facelift lightsbefore fitting the facelift s3 xenons

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    anyone?

6th Gear

Status
    Why start another thread about this?

1st Gear

Status
    because i didnt get an answer in the other, and i dont really like driving round an not being able to see much in the dark. i know your supposed to put them in learn mode using VAG com, but does this apply to my car as i have retro fitted them? they had normal pre-facelift halogens as standard.

also nky 84 i have to hex screws on the top of the light but cant see any on the back of the light? where is it?
    Last edited by dantheman1986; 17th July 2007 at 19:01.

2nd Gear

Status
    take it to a mechanic, they should do it for £10 on a light machine.

you can adjust them yes, but will screw it up and end up blinding other road users

you need to disconnect the motors and use an allen key, you will see the adjusting screws on the top of the headlamp, you can get at them by looking down through the slam panel above the headlight through the hole there is a space for the allen key to go

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by claudefrog
    take it to a mechanic, they should do it for 10 on a light machine.

you can adjust them yes, but will screw it up and end up blinding other road users

you need to disconnect the motors and use an allen key, you will see the adjusting screws on the top of the headlamp, you can get at them by looking down through the slam panel above the headlight through the hole there is a space for the allen key to go

by disconnecting the motors do you mean disconnect the electrical plugs or actually remove the motors from the lights?

2nd Gear

Status
    just the electric plugs

1st Gear

Status
    ok cool im goona give it a go and then drive towards my mate an if they dazzel him ill get it booked into the garage, thanks for your input claudefrog.

just one last thing, is one of the hex screws for up an the other down? or is on left/right adjustment and one up/down adjustment? if so do u know wats wat?

2nd Gear

Status
    its for setting the pitch AFAIK

however.. instead of F*Cking it up, take it to a mechanics and pay the £10 to get it right

6th Gear

Status
    Just because you didnt get an answer doesnt mean you need to start a new thread.

IF they are OEM ones, then its allen keys you need. Once you've worked out whats up and down and left and right get a mate to park with his lights on facing a wall and note where the beam sits, then drive your car up an adjust to where your mates' pointed. Or take it to a garage as above. Will fail an MOT if the lights are outwith the allowed range.