xenon adjustment

dantheman1986

Reaction score
can you manually adjust the height of the lights? i have fitted facelift xenons to my a3 and havnt recieved the self levelling kit yet as they are out of stock. at the moment the dipped beam are to low can i manually adjust them heigher? thanks

The side lights cannot be adjusted, but if you're talking about the dipped beam (which I'm sure you are) then this can be adjusted using the two white screws on the headlight. One is for up/down the other is side to side. Don't aim the lights too high or you will blind people.

I keep forgetting, but it will become obvious once you adjust them which one's which.

When I adjusted the headlights on my A4, I had to connect VAG-COM and tell the car I was adjusting them first so they could electrically adjust to the correct position for the manual adjustment to take place.
From memory the inner hex-screw is the left-right adjustement and the outer one is the up-down adjustment.

Did this the other day. you need vagcom so that when u manually adjust the lights to a set position, the lights can then learn their new "home" position. The top screw is for left and right, and the one on the back of the lights is for up and down.

i have fitted these to an a3 tho! do i still need vag com? my a3 had standard pre facelift lightsbefore fitting the facelift s3 xenons