Pre/Post Facelift

Stan 24v

Reaction score
Whats the difference between the older shape (1999/2000 etc) pre and post face lift models guys? :confused:

performance wise nothing at all.audi originaly said that the s3 had 210 bhp so that the tt looked like it had the edge over it. this subsequently turned out to be untrue the s3 always had 225 bhp.external differences between the original s3 and the facelift model were one piece headlights and indicators,different rear lights and a modified rear valence.the facelift model also has variable valve timing.all in all they are both good cars with nothing to choose between them plus if your thinking of re-mapping they all map to about the same

hope this helps :icon_thumright:

mad max said:
performance wise nothing at all.audi originaly said that the s3 had 210 bhp so that the tt looked like it had the edge over it. this subsequently turned out to be untrue the s3 always had 225 bhp.
hope this helps :icon_thumright:

Mate, get your flak jacket on, i can feel something INCOMING!

p.s The 210 and the 225 WERE different, one had 210 and one had 225. :) Oh, Besides the fascias and other colours and options available.

I'm pretty ****** and memory is fading but I believe there were 2 types of VVT, mechanical and electronic, the 225 having the latter but I willingly stand to be corrected.

I was just asking about A3's in general. I assume its the same/similar for the 1.8T then?

- Headlights became one piece with projector lens
- Crystal rear lights
- Different materials and steering wheels in interior, also different climate control unit, seat heating buttons different position and design

Stan 24v said:
the 1.8T then?

Prefacelift interior....horrible checkered seat, no cupholder, less "bling" around the steering wheel and gear knob, different climate control buttons, no esp button
c4d5_12.JPG

200e_27.JPG

s.gif

post facelift.... much much nicer imo

bd39_27.JPG

f621_1.JPG

14fc_27.JPG

Stewart said:
Mate, get your flak jacket on, i can feel something INCOMING!

p.s The 210 and the 225 WERE different, one had 210 and one had 225. :)

in the absence of incoming.it is well known that people with the supposed 210 detuned version of the s3 have put their cars on a rolling road to be dynoed tested only too find that they already have around about 225 bhp before they have the car remapped.to quote an article in audi driver magazine august 2004 goeff everett from milford micro sytems reckons that the s3 always had close on 225 bhp as standard.officialy ,early examples were rated at 210 bhp by the factory,but in his dynotesting at the time goeff always recorded higher figures,even before being chipped.it is a perfectly plausible picture given that the new tt at the time with 225 bhp unit ,was the marketing priority.if the contemporary s3 had been acknowledged as just as powerful,the customers choice may not have been so clear cut,the premium for the tt not quite so justifiable. :)