AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

IHI KIT JUST BOUGHT ,

Just bought a ihi kit from france , of some guy who bought it from jabba sport , i have payed Ł1886 delivered for the kit , here is the link to it , http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...5629&rd=1&rd=1 ,when it is all done the car is going down to jabba sport to have it all mapped , what do you guys reckon , good price or not , the kit has never been used as well , i will have a pipeworx 3" downpipe , and a k04 with 51000 miles on if anyone is interested , wont be for a couple of weeks though , also going to uprate the clutch as well , anyone know a good place to get one from , that is a good price , getting a set of brembo s of bill at badger 5 as well , gonna need them now the ihi is going in ,
    Last edited by nick-barnes07; 15th July 2007 at 13:01.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    looks like a blinding price to me!

Neutral

Status
    dont jbs sell ihi kits for under 1800?

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    turbo is £450, injectors are £150, don't know how much Jabba charge for the downpipe and mani, but seems a bit steep ....sorry, probably didn't want to hear that

3rd Gear

Status
    turbo and manifold only ,

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Nah, JBS only do the IHI and oil/coolant for that price, the kit posted has injectors, downpipe etc.

Price looks OK.

Would have been a LOT cheaper to get it in from the USA but that would depend on you not getting caught on Customs/Import.

Buying from the EU seems like a better option.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb
    turbo is Ł450, injectors are Ł150, don't know how much Jabba charge for the downpipe and mani, but seems a bit steep ....sorry, probably didn't want to hear that
    where is that from

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern
    Nah, JBS only do the IHI and oil/coolant for that price, the kit posted has injectors, downpipe etc.

Price looks OK.

Would have been a LOT cheaper to get it in from the USA but that would depend on you not getting caught on Customs/Import.

Buying from the EU seems like a better option.
    i bought the kit , as i have been quoted Ł4000 from a lot of places to do the conversion , Ł1886 + Ł800 all in , fitted , and mapped , is a lot cheaper than 4k

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vtdaz
    dont jbs sell ihi kits for under 1800?
    http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118840

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Regardless of turbo cost (which I think is reasonable given the contents of the kit) the installtion and mapping price is great!

Base that on a custom remap, which is usally &#163;500, that means they are only charging &#163;300 for the install, and bearing in mind I have just done one, its a ***** to do and &#163;300 is a great price.

Jabba do good work too.

3rd Gear

Status
    will my intercooler be up to the job , forge fm

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6

Status
    should be fine!

Xbox online id - supaed133

3rd Gear

Status
    how much did u pay for your conversion edward harris , did u have it done at jabba as well ,

6th Gear

Status
    I think in relaity your fitting charge will be much higher than &#163;800 mapped!

Also, I am not sure if that DP is the 4wd one, I presume you are fitting to an S3?
    Is there a sports cat included..?

Sachs clutch will be c.&#163;1000 fitted.

The fitting of these kits is not easy and there are often many custom fabricated parts? Eg TIP? I think jabba prefer a Porsche iniector now rather than the 440 boschs, different spray pattern helps cold start.

My proalloy TIP for IHI was near &#163;200!!! CAr was away for near 7 weeks, as was Edward's!!!!

The price for what you have is OK ish, but I think once all fitted you will not have saved a massive amount and Jabba may not warranty the work as if its all supplied and fitted by them. Thsi French guy could have done anything to that kit before they get their hands on it.......even just dropping the turbo may have knacked it..! ! I hope it all works out for you, but to be fair I am not sure it was so cheap that it was worth the risk...!!!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simch
    I think in relaity your fitting charge will be much higher than Ł800 mapped!

Also, I am not sure if that DP is the 4wd one, I presume you are fitting to an S3?
    Is there a sports cat included..?

Sachs clutch will be c.Ł1000 fitted.

The fitting of these kits is not easy and there are often many custom fabricated parts? Eg TIP? I think jabba prefer a Porsche iniector now rather than the 440 boschs, different spray pattern helps cold start.

My proalloy TIP for IHI was near Ł200!!! CAr was away for near 7 weeks, as was Edward's!!!!

The price for what you have is OK ish, but I think once all fitted you will not have saved a massive amount and Jabba may not warranty the work as if its all supplied and fitted by them. Thsi French guy could have done anything to that kit before they get their hands on it.......even just dropping the turbo may have knacked it..! ! I hope it all works out for you, but to be fair I am not sure it was so cheap that it was worth the risk...!!!!
    the guy said he bought it for his s3 , he had loads of other s3 bits for sale , so i presume that is the right downpipe , i have a pipeworx de cat 3" , should bolt up to that downpipe , if there is anything wrong with the turbo i will be filing a complaint , and getting my money back , im starting to think it wasnt that cheap now , may back out of it , jabba said to me 10 hours to fit , which will be Ł500 , my mate who is a mechanic is gonna fit it for me , and then there is mapping costs , a custom map , Ł500 , for the clutch i am going to have a look around as a Ł1000 is a bit dear for me , how much are normal ihi conversions , and what do they consist of , do they supply a clutch with ihi conversion

2nd Gear

Status
    billl done ihi on my golf for &#163;4k. that included turbo kit, fitting, and mapping. monday-->friday job
    used standard clutch for 12months, then it slipped.

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nick-barnes07
    where is that from
    turbo from gruppe-s or eBay
    injectors from anywhere
    cost of manifold tubular or otherwise should be no more than Ł450-500 unless it is inconel from the US!

I am buying bits from US, have a mate is NY, ships as a gift/returned item

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6

Status
    mine was done at Aps, they had to custom make loads of stuff for mine! not an easy job! your also need little bit like fuel pump, uprated air intake pipe etc!

Xbox online id - supaed133

D-Tech Performance - Dom

Status
    we do a manifold downpipe turbo and parts required for &#163;2000 + fitting

putting one on my s3 next month

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    1K for a sports clutch?

OH MY GOD. I hope thats with proper uprated flywheel and at LEAST Helix Organic clutch? There's no way a Sachs can cost that much.

The actual fitting, if you are mechanic experienced in turbos, isnt a drama and 10 hours is about right.

You'll need to consider sundries like gaskets and new bolts, which will probably cost another &#163;50.

Also, I would consider replacing ANY clamps on vacuum lines or air carrying lines with Mikalor Clamps, jubilees are poor fitting and just not up to the job.

I am in the middle of K03 to K03s conversion and I reckon overall price including all parts and fluid will total 1.5K, and thats with all labour being done myself, so really, if you can fit a lot yourself, you'll only be paying for the remap, which might be the best idea.

6th Gear

Status
    Like I said, fitted price is about a grand all in, once a new slave cylinder is included, 10 hours labour at c.55 an hour, then the clutch is about &#163;400 or so.

RIP S3dave

Status
    turbo from gruppe-s or eBay
    injectors from anywhere
    cost of manifold tubular or otherwise should be no more than Ł450-500 unless it is inconel from the US!

I am buying bits from US, have a mate is NY, ships as a gift/returned item
    Presuming LHD manifolds will fit RHD cars.... which they wont (easily)
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5
    god damn you get around! forum whore like me then....
    Mines a custom tubular, but you are right, no inline manifold on the market for the A4/Passat...watch this space.
    If I ever finish mine I intend to knock up some more with no turbo flange/or on request, for general sale... recon I can do them for Ł450-500

hud at ye bam

Status

They won't fit at all!!! I've tried. LHD manifolds cars put the turbo inlet into the gearbox on a RHD car if its got haldex transmission.
    [/sarcasm]

RIP S3dave

Status
    god damn you get around! forum whore like me then....
    Mines a custom tubular, but you are right, no inline manifold on the market for the A4/Passat...watch this space.
    If I ever finish mine I intend to knock up some more with no turbo flange/or on request, for general sale... recon I can do them for Ł450-500
    got any pix of your work?

bill@badger5.co.uk

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    got any pix of your work?
    Ha, work is an interesting term!!
    I have the mocked up bends, some straights cut to length and now have a Burns stainless merge collector. haven't tacked anything together yet.

I came up with a (ingenious) way to mock up the shape of the bends without tacking them....I got some 40mm 40 deg plastic plumbing bends and cut the outer bit off the bend, it fits perfectly inside the sch10 pipe and allows me to twist and turn the bends around each other without them falling apart. They hold the weight of the peices and allows me to work with a flexible unit to get the right shape.
    I just mark the numbered bends and disassemble, then I can tack and weld individual runner without having to work around the other tacked ones

so far!:

you can see the plumbing bend inside the joint
    Last edited by jcb; 18th July 2007 at 16:21.

RIP S3dave

Status
    lol... familiar looking flanges..

T3 version on my agenda now for next step evolution.
    GT35R, external gated.

before you get too much tak'd, you may need to shave a smidge off the top of the head flange when trial fitting... some heads seem to have more material on them than others, which holds off the flange from the face.

bill@badger5.co.uk

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    will have a look at that