Pimp my grill!

Well apparently I'm supposed to be trying to push the fasteners through? There are 4 round plastic pin things but they look like they can only be pushed up from underneath (which on some of them is hard to reach and looks like I'll need a lot of pressure).

but how did you remove the grille? guess it would be the reverse of removing to fit it back...

Yup but I'm trying to remove it not put it back on :think:

It's not the mesh grille I've got now anyway - it's a slat type, similar to the original but looks nicer.

Snapped one of them plastic things right off now (thought it just needed a bit of encouragement), might just take it to my mechanic to do grrr stupid bumper! :aggressive:

Toxik-Signal said:
Fitting this grille today - which bits are the fasteners? :S

:think:

I thouht you already removed it...which bit are you stuck with?

You just push the centre parts through. then lift up the outside with a flat bladed scewdriver.

Cheers - doesn't appear to be any centre bits on mine though, as you can see in the pic. Still when I tried to get one off, the plastic just snapped. :huh:

just take them off, don't worry about them breaking. you can still get some new ones from the dealer or halfords...much easier...LOL

abdus said:
just take them off, don't worry about them breaking. you can still get some new ones from the dealer or halfords...much easier...LOL

Ok thanks for the advice - definitely the right things I'm trying to get off though right? Don't wanna go snapping them all off only to discover I was having a go at the wrong things lol :lmfao:

On top of the bumper where it fits to the crash panel there are approx 5 fasteners that are circular with pins in the middle of them.get a tiny screwdiver and you have to push the pin all the way through and out the other side of the clip. being carefull not to lose them when they come out. when those pins are out the fatners simply pull out,job donne.

They work a little like rawl plugs, the pin spreads the clip when put back in.

Thanks for all the help guys - turns out I was being blind (didn't notice the little pins in the middle as the tops were quite dirty).
Anyway I've replaced the grill now and I think it looks pretty good.
Here's a pic straight after doing it...

http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1269&cat=503

Once again cheers for the help and cheers to Damian at DPM for getting me the part :icon_thumright:

Toxik-Signal said:
Thanks for all the help guys - turns out I was being blind (didn't notice the little pins in the middle as the tops were quite dirty).
Anyway I've replaced the grill now and I think it looks pretty good.
Here's a pic straight after doing it...

http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1269&cat=503

Once again cheers for the help and cheers to Damian at DPM for getting me the part :icon_thumright:

so much better, well done :)

looks well done... not too my personal taste tho... i love the audi badge too much.

I think an addition of the "s" badge would work well with this grill