New S3 owner water in rear footwell problem

jomnhta

Reaction score
Hi to all, I am new to the forum and just picked up my 02 S3 in Hong Kong. I have found that the rear footwell has a pudle of water and the carpet is soaked. It ony appears at that spot and all other three footwell appears ok. The car dealer have a car wash earlier for me and there is no rain here for the last 3 weeks. I have done a serach on the forum and it comes up with some possible scenerios

1) Drainhole clogged near pollen filter causing overflow
2) Missing bonnet catch firewall cable plug
3) water poring down door panel between the window seal
4) AC drain pan clogged

What you guys think? Is there any where to look at? And how to fix the AC drain if its really clogged? Thanks to all.

ive had this problem in numerous cars and have found the best way is to remove all trim and get a mate with a jet wash to blast the car with you sat inside.

This would probably be a nightmare though in an s3

good luck

Worth checking the rear washer hose as well as this runs down one sill inside the car.

Thanks guys, my mechanic got it solved. It was the previous owner installed an alarm system on the car and remove the plug for AC drainage for wiring. The AC condensation drips back inside the car. Anyone know what is the plug looks like? I got only a hole and a drainage hose there only and the hose is very short. I assume there is something to fill the gap there.