Red Light Warning

TheSpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help me, the other day I got a red light warning pop up on the dash along with the damned BEEP! that frightens the crap out of me. My car doesnt have DIS.

I dropped the clutch, turned the engine off and coasted to the side of the road, gave it the once over and saw nothing out off the ordinary, the thing is I cant remember the symbol on it and cant see it on the dash anymore, it was in the top left of the warning light cluster, beeped once similar to the low petrol beep and flashed red.

I'm pretty sure the symbol was a small circle with a straight line connected from it going straight down but I cant remember if it was a wavy line underneath. The light is off now and hasnt come up since and the car hasnt acted erractic even when the light flashed on.

Anyone any idea? :search:

I have DIS on mine and I have a similar shaped one come up which refers to my brake fluid level. you might wanna check that to see if its low. Mine usualy goes off in the morning when its cold as it is a bit low and contracts with the cold temp setting the warning off (i think).

Is there not a page in your manual refering to warning symbols? You may recognise it if you see it again.

I cant find my manual! I think its in hertfordshire before I moved back to London for the summer... will go take a look at the brake fluid, thanks!

The warning light on the top left of the warning light cluster is low coolant level.

Symbols.jpg

Should be the second symbol down on the second row?:uhm:

If its the warning light with an exclamation mark flashing at you it is the brake fluid level warning, give it a check, mine seems to come on in the cold mornings too.

Thanks guys! I think it was the coolant light coming on which is odd because I only topped it up a little while ago... Thats why I thought it was brake fluid too, will have to do a proper inspection tommorow before work I think!