informative site for all s3 qwners

mad max

sixth gear
Reaction score
just thought i would let you all know about a usefull s3 site i have been looking at.the site has plenty of (how too guides)loads of information on problem solving and is packed with pictures and articles.the site is in french but google can translate it into english free.once translated it is still a bit allo allo but good enough too get the gist of what they are talking about.hope this proves of some use guys.http://www.s3-passion.com/

mwstewart said:
Stewart - The old uri was missing the hyphen, is that what you mean?

Great site, some really useful PDF's there! Cheers!

No, the hyphon was there, he had included the tag for the icon within the end of the URL.

Its URL, not URI - Uniform Resource Locator. Yes, I know what URI means and stands for but it is too generic a term to be used for what is exactly (in this context) a URL.

Stewart said:
No, the hyphon was there, he had included the tag for the icon within the end of the URL.

Its URL, not URI - Uniform Resource Locator. Yes, I know what URI means and stands for but it is too generic a term to be used for what is exactly (in this context) a URL.

"...A URL is a subset of the URI popular protocols. These are protocols (http://, ftp://, mailto. Therefore all URLs are URIs. The term URL is deprecated and the more correct term URI is used in technical documentation. All URIs are means to access a resource on the Internet and are a a technical short hand used to link to the resource. URIs always designate a method to access the resource and designate the specific resource to be accessed."

http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=100

shame its not in english seems so useful & interesting without sounding like a nerd. Anyone discover anything interesting ?

I've been through it a few times! I did a bit of french at school!

One interesting thing is the reports of zero brakes in very heavy rain. I found s3 passion when invenstigating this exact phenomenon on the way back form Germany and S3 passion has the "fix". Sorted by some POrsche brake engineer, its is some deflectors on the bottom arms, seem to be audi parts!

A good site all round IMO

s3_blanche9.JPG

s3_blanche7.JPG

I wish :(

mwstewart said:
"...A URL is a subset of the URI popular protocols. These are protocols (http://, ftp://, mailto. Therefore all URLs are URIs. The term URL is deprecated and the more correct term URI is used in technical documentation. All URIs are means to access a resource on the Internet and are a a technical short hand used to link to the resource. URIs always designate a method to access the resource and designate the specific resource to be accessed."

http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=100

Very nice. As I said, in the context of this thread and also the more accepted convention for describing Web site addresses by 99% of non technical people frequenting this and other forums, URL is a more accurate description.
As you say, a URL is a subset of a generic URI so by definition is a more accurate label. By using URI (imho) you are confusing people and almost showing off a more in-depth knowledge which can come across as a little condescending.
Don't take that as a dig :)

Stewart - That's fair enough, I work in IT though therefore I'm used to using the correct terminology.

S3IZZO - That looks great, White is making a bit of a comeback right now. Did we even get them? Quattro GmbH order perhaps..

mwstewart said:
Stewart - That's fair enough, I work in IT though therefore I'm used to using the correct terminology.

Me too, in fact I headed up a webdev team for three years before I started contracting but neither I, nor any of my colleagues or friends in IT ever use URI when referring to website addresses or local resources.

It must be us old skool IT bods stuck in our ways (or ruts?) :)

I always find "link" the best term to use when talking to non-techies.

Stewart said:
Me too, in fact I headed up a webdev team for three years before I started contracting but neither I, nor any of my colleagues or friends in IT ever use URI when referring to website addresses or local resources.

It must be us old skool IT bods stuck in our ways (or ruts?) :)

I guess it just depends who you talk to :)

Cheers,Mark

There is one white one in the UK at least cos I have seen it!

I love the white look, even considered wehn looking for my s3 to get one needing some paint and doing it white!!

that same pic gets dredged up every couple of months!
is there no more photographic evidence of a white S3?

the 'mini S3' photos are pretty good on that site........ have a trawl through.

I thought Stweart made Pizzas....????
Or is that "old Stewart"..>!?!?!

Did someone spill my pint?

simch said:
I thought Stweart made Pizzas....????
Or is that "old Stewart"..>!?!?!

Did someone spill my pint?

Lol, that is most definitely the old Stewart :)

I inherited the family business (after my dad and I started an award winning pizza restaurant in '87) but during the day I persued other careers. I went from MV tech (from love of cars and rallying but soon realised there was no money in it) to IT in around '94 although I started with IT in '86 with programming business software for the BBC 'B' micro almost as a hobby..

A very varied and interesting career life with an average of 2 or 3 potential careers on the go at any one time, no wonder im still single at 38! lol but very elligible!