Broken Bilstein Damper

steve123a

Reaction score
I have recently had the B8s fitted, been on the car for under 2 months and in the last couple of weeks the rear suspension has started banging... I have found the rear shock has failed and all the fluid has leaked out, puddle under the car! Anyone else had a problem like this?

So I phoned the people I bought it from and he has been trying to get it resolved through Bilstein, but Bilstein is distributed through Eurocar parts and they have stated that I need to buy another rear shock costing £90 +vat then pay for it to be fitted. The old one must be sent back to them and they will send it to Germany to be checked and determine whether or not it was fitted correctly! Also they will only pay £20 p/h if the unit is found to be faulty, so I have to shell out £160 for a product I purchased only 2 months ago... anyone have any ideas or suggestions or have dealt with this issue previousely?

Also can you actually fit a rear shock wrong, surely its a bolt through the top and a bolt through the bottom!

Thanks Steve

Pleased to say after a bit of leg work and going directly to Bilstein, then to the topman at Eurocar parts my situation has been resolved at no cost to myself... just had to get through all the middle men first!

Thank you EUROCARPARTS!!!

When my FK went I also had to buy a new one, send old one back, then wait for refund.

Seems like a silly policy, problem I had is one reseller had bought it off another who had bought it from Euro car parts... so I think they didn't want to assume the responsibilty and think they might end up out of pocket!

Had the same problem with my old SPAX had to send them back and they wanted to charge me £25 but i refused cause it didn't say anythign in the warranty about having to pay it. Managed to get it all done free of charge but it did take a lot of fighting. Check what the warranty says 1st mate.

I had a Spax kit completly collapse on my Cav Turbo, turned out they supplied the wrong kit, managed to get them to replace everything with Koni after they admitted they didn't actually make a kit for the Turbo only the GSi, cost them over £1500 to repair the car!