Wheel spacer question

Rich-xstS3

Reaction score
I have fitted a set of 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers to my S3. Problem is locking wheel nuts? been to both the local Halfords and the longest ones they have are just long enough to get through the front ones. I dont think they even make it far enough in to stay tight. Will I end up having to buy 2 sets?! I know alot of guys on here run this set up so any help would be great.

When I got my spacers the original locking wheel nuts fitted on the front but not the back, i just got a longer set for all four wheels. McGuard do them.

Hope this helps
:cool:

get in touch with PRIracing.com or co.uk and tell them situation and they will the supply yu the correct set, all you need to do is cut them down to the desired length. thats what i did with mine

McGard are the ones to go for although they are too long on the front so I've got 2 different sets of locking nuts. I contacted Elite off Ebay and they sorted me out. Good customer service too. approx £30 delivered

Locking wheel nuts always seem to be a bit of a false cost to me, take me for example, your average enthusiast. 1 min per locking nut and I'll have them removed.

thats with standard sockets.

Give me a £50 locking wheel nut removal socket and 20 seconds I'll have them removed.

If someone is stealing your wheels, they could even pay for the proper removal kit and still make money on the theft.

If someone wants the wheels, they'll have them, whether you like it or not.

but at least it stops a bunch of kids having a go with a 17mm socket and trolley jack that they all chipped in for...

Dave_Bayern said:
Locking wheel nuts always seem to be a bit of a false cost to me, take me for example, your average enthusiast. 1 min per locking nut and I'll have them removed.

thats with standard sockets.

Give me a £50 locking wheel nut removal socket and 20 seconds I'll have them removed.

If someone is stealing your wheels, they could even pay for the proper removal kit and still make money on the theft.

If someone wants the wheels, they'll have them, whether you like it or not.

Where I agree with you on this Dave, is if they want it, they will take it. Having a set of locking nuts WILL make a little difference though, especially for those with aftermatket wheels.
Same with the expensive locking nuts which have a habit or seizing or the actual locking key breaking in half, here too many horror stories... any locking nut will suffice in my opinion.

I managed to get a McGard set through PRI racing the guy was very helpful. Cant remember his name. I got a set long enough to fit the back then a mate of mine machined the front ones down at his work for me. Fit a treat with lots of copper slip because ive seen many a set break in the past. If I remember right they are supposed to fit Mercedes. Im offshore but on my return il check the pack and let you guys know.

I understand what your saying about false economy etc. Anyone who really wants them will take but it does put off the average ned from having a go.