Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Wheel spacer question

I have fitted a set of 10mm front and 15mm rear spacers to my S3. Problem is locking wheel nuts? been to both the local Halfords and the longest ones they have are just long enough to get through the front ones. I dont think they even make it far enough in to stay tight. Will I end up having to buy 2 sets?! I know alot of guys on here run this set up so any help would be great.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Big Ron

Status
    When I got my spacers the original locking wheel nuts fitted on the front but not the back, i just got a longer set for all four wheels. McGuard do them.

Hope this helps

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

4th Gear

Status
    get in touch with PRIracing.com or co.uk and tell them situation and they will the supply yu the correct set, all you need to do is cut them down to the desired length. thats what i did with mine
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

1st Gear

Status
    Got any before and after pictures?

Cheers

Knobby

Aky
    Aky

Status
    McGard are the ones to go for although they are too long on the front so I've got 2 different sets of locking nuts. I contacted Elite off Ebay and they sorted me out. Good customer service too. approx £30 delivered

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Locking wheel nuts always seem to be a bit of a false cost to me, take me for example, your average enthusiast. 1 min per locking nut and I'll have them removed.

thats with standard sockets.

Give me a 50 locking wheel nut removal socket and 20 seconds I'll have them removed.

If someone is stealing your wheels, they could even pay for the proper removal kit and still make money on the theft.

If someone wants the wheels, they'll have them, whether you like it or not.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

4th Gear

Status
    but at least it stops a bunch of kids having a go with a 17mm socket and trolley jack that they all chipped in for...

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky
    so I've got 2 different sets of locking nuts.
    Me too, I'm runing 2 different locking nut for front and rear using 5mm spacers up front and 10mm on the rears.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern
    Locking wheel nuts always seem to be a bit of a false cost to me, take me for example, your average enthusiast. 1 min per locking nut and I'll have them removed.

thats with standard sockets.

Give me a 50 locking wheel nut removal socket and 20 seconds I'll have them removed.

If someone is stealing your wheels, they could even pay for the proper removal kit and still make money on the theft.

If someone wants the wheels, they'll have them, whether you like it or not.
    Where I agree with you on this Dave, is if they want it, they will take it. Having a set of locking nuts WILL make a little difference though, especially for those with aftermatket wheels.
    Same with the expensive locking nuts which have a habit or seizing or the actual locking key breaking in half, here too many horror stories... any locking nut will suffice in my opinion.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    I managed to get a McGard set through PRI racing the guy was very helpful. Cant remember his name. I got a set long enough to fit the back then a mate of mine machined the front ones down at his work for me. Fit a treat with lots of copper slip because ive seen many a set break in the past. If I remember right they are supposed to fit Mercedes. Im offshore but on my return il check the pack and let you guys know.

I understand what your saying about false economy etc. Anyone who really wants them will take but it does put off the average ned from having a go.
    2007 Ibis white S3.