What does the mph sign mean

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
on my s3 when i press the clock reset button on the dash which also goes through all of the systems for faults abs,the lights etc,two symbols pop up with on (mph)1 and (mph)2 if i pull the button out while this is showing when i drive the mph light flashes up on the dash, what is this and what does it do,cheers

You can set a speed 'limit' at two varying speeds (say 30 and 60mph respectively). Whilst driving when you hit these speeds it will beep. I guess it's handy for areas with high surveillance of speed cameras - and saves you taking your eye off the road, but they can very annoying otherwise.

I have mine set to alert "No on the spot for you Son.. you're going to court" speed.

it stands fo miles per hour :p

thats funny i always thought it standed for my purple helmet,lol:puke2:

Blunteh said:
I have mine set to alert "No on the spot for you Son.. you're going to court" speed.
same here......

mine gives a beep at the magic 3 figures..... just to warn your getting into dangerous territory

god_thats_quick said:
While were on the subject, anyone know how you set the mph1 warning, I know the mph2 one is really easy but never bothered to figure out the first one?

Check your manual it's all in there.

I set mine to 70mph, it was set to 120 but that was just a little silly!!!

on the subject of manuals,does anyone know where i can get one,i lost mine,and ebay hasnt got any,cheers