Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Taking it easy..

Status

Cold side relocation kit?

Has anyone fitted a cold side DV relocation kit! Anyone, Anyone? Was just on the Forge website and spotted it, any thoughts on them? Unless, waste of money and time etc..

Thanks, did do a search but nothing seemed to come up.
    J

2. # ADS
    ADS

Taking it easy..

Status
    Anyone, surely someone must of heard of this kit! So no one has one fitted one I guess and no doubt its waste of time!
    J

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Yeah a lot of people are finding its a good mod, as basically, instead of sending excess boost pressure round the whole system, it pushes it straight back in on the cold side.

People are saying it gives better throttle response.

Not done it myself and don't intend to, I've spent enough money with Forge recently...
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

6th Gear

Status
    Does this mean the "boosted" air is cold as it hits the dv, or just that the hot side boosted air is dumped to the cold side?

Status
    I fitted it to my S3.

Basically, you dump the air from after the ICs (before the TB) back to the air inlet, rather than dumping hot air from a K04 running at very high revs.
    It seemed to help my silly high boost K04 S3 make DVs last a bit longer before they started to stick...but can't really say I noticed a difference in throttle response.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern
    Yeah a lot of people are finding its a good mod, as basically, instead of sending excess boost pressure round the whole system, it pushes it straight back in on the cold side.

People are saying it gives better throttle response.

Not done it myself and don't intend to, I've spent enough money with Forge recently...
    It sends the already cooled air back to the inlet hose, rather than the hot air heated bt the turbo but not yet cooled by the ICs.
    So, you should get better pick up as the engine is only trying to take in ambient air heated by the turbo, as opposed to hot air from the turbo's discharge, then heated again by the turbo.
    I never noticed any difference though...

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Taking it easy..

Status
    Thanks for you information gents.
    J

6th Gear

Status
    I presume you run a standard style dv, ie forge /bailey etc, or do you need a special type of dv?
    Reason its of interest is that my bailey was sticking at 85 degrees, in stock location. I would think on the cold side that it would never get that hot, not with my massive fmic anyway!

Taking it easy..

Status
    If you check forge website, you run it with a Forge DV or a OEM DV no doubt. Its appears to plumb in the same, just relocates the DV to the front!
    J

Status
    I ran a Forge (I forget which) piston DV...and it used to stick, so I changed to am AmD Viper which was better...and better again after re-locating to the cold side.
    But I was running 1.8+ bar of boost...so lots of heat!

Please note:

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    ive just ordered a forge cold side relocation kit for my A3, in preperation for fitting my KO3s, FMIC, milltek turbo back, and custom map.

im fitting it this weekend, so if i notice any difference, ill let you guys know
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.