Anyone here running a *full* Powerflex bush kit?

mwstewart

Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
I'd like to hear from owners running the full bush kit, what is the ride like compared to standard? Is it much harsher?

The kit I'm looking at on ebay includes the following:

FRONT WISHBONE FRONT BUSH X 2
FRONT WISHBONE REAR BUSH X 2
FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNT X 2
REAR WISHBONE FRONT MOUNTING BUSH X 2
REAR WISHBONE INNER BUSH X 4
REAR ANTI ROLL BAR MOUNTING BUSH 14mm X 2

STEERING RACK MOUNT BUSH X 1
FRONT ENGINE MOUNT DOG BONE X 1

I've no direct experience, but when I was at APS they said they normally try to put people off fitting the kit as it is too harsh for road use.

icenutter said:
I've no direct experience, but when I was at APS they said they normally try to put people off fitting the kit as it is too harsh for road use.

I wanted to do this also but everyone one have spoken to says just replace them with standard bushes.

I was gonna make that purchase but was put off by everyone saying how harsh they are, ur end up with rattles everywhere!!

BTW wheres the best place to get standard bushes from?

Standard bushes it is then! Cheers guys.

I'll go through vagparts, they usually work out cheapest for me - that is umless someone knows a better supplier?

balls to anyone who doesn't have them and slags them.
I do, they are awesome, don't put them on any Anti Roll bars though, they act like a file.

I fitted them with coilovers so can't compare them just with OEM bushes. steering feel, loading on running gear into corners, turn in, grip, acceleration feel all improved markedly.

Do it.

Put it this way, the OEM bushes are soft and when they go you have to replace whole items of hardware! Why I do not know.
For £300 you have the peace of mind that none of you bushes are going to go soft in your term of ownership.

no point uprating brakes, engine, suspension and then letting the car sit on bit of old tyre for bushes.

end of rant

I agree with JCB, in addition to coilovers there was no difference in ride quality but with a marked improvement in steering feel and feedback. I didnt get round to fitting the steering rack mount bush as it's a PITA and would probably require dropping the subframe and I've recently had an alignment done...