AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: AWESOME Remap

Reverse Gear

Status

AWESOME Remap

Took my pre-facelift S3 down awesome last week to get a remap done. As it was an older ECU, if I wanted an APR map it would have meant a chip being put on which I wasn't too keen on. Turns out Awesome now do their own software and offered to rolling road it to get it as high as possible. What a difference!!! Couldn't be happier with the change in boost and the noise of the turbo working now is wicked. Its gone up to about 255 bhp now judging by the graph and feels like a totally different car. If anyones thinking of getting this done, I would definately recommend it. Might now get a new diverter valve on it but I'm not sure if its necessary or not.

2. # ADS
    ADS

***** rent boy

Status
    A new diverter valve is not necessary, but it certainly is highly recommended if you want to retain boost. Look around on the classifieds and eBay and see if you can find one cheap.

6th Gear

Status
    Be careful of piston dvs on remapped cars wiht bigger boost...

There are a few about that stick when they get to about 85 degrees and then they ndont work, can stick shut, or open, or inbetween.>>!! Not good!

I junked my brand new bailey because of this and now run a stock audi "h" part.

1st Gear

Status
    Forge Diverter 100 approx. cant remember what spring is the stronger of the two green or yellow?
    2000 S3, SILVER, FULL HEATED LEATHER, 18" RS4, MILLTEK, FORGE RE-CIRC , CC REMAP

1st Gear

Status
    yellow spring is stronger than green