Service History

garratt83

Reaction score
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me. My car didn't come with a service book but did come with a printed sheet with the history on it with all the services. I phoned the audi dealers and kwikfit and they both agreed that it has had the service.

My question is I want a new service book with the audi stamps, can I just go down to audi and ask them for one and they will stamp it? Will they charge me?

Cheers

Hi,

Audi will sell you a 'replacement' service history booklet - this is a different doc from the original, but it still has the space for a dealer stamp etc. Audi will not sell 'original' service history booklets because of the threat of fraud.

Providing the service history is recorded on the Audi computer they will stamp up the book.

They will charge for the book but they stamped mine for free.

jcs356 said:
Hi,

Audi will sell you a 'replacement' service history booklet - this is a different doc from the original, but it still has the space for a dealer stamp etc. Audi will not sell 'original' service history booklets because of the threat of fraud.

Providing the service history is recorded on the Audi computer they will stamp up the book.

They will charge for the book but they stamped mine for free.

Did you take it to the one where the service was done or just any dealship. New booklet is £9 from dealers near me

I took it to a sister dealership to the one where I knew the service had been carried out as the original dealership had closed. They stamped it up and just wrote 'serviced at Wimbledon' next to their Whites of Camberley stamp.

Basically Ive heard of someone who has bought audi dealership services books and stamps to make up their own service history.
Obviously this is fraud..... Im aware that there is obviously a record of the service history through audi dealers... but does a HPI check show up the service history aswell?

In a word no shows if its been writen off, stolen recovered,or has outstanding finance on it

so service history wouldnt show up there then? the only way this not so honest person I know is guna get caught out is via an audi dealer then?