Part-throttle hesitance/almost a stutttttter.

hooley

Reaction score
AJQ 1.8TQS with a dodgy Chipped-UK remap.

Not a problem with accelerating, but on a long run and on part-thottle on the M-way, I feel there is a hesitance, which feels almost like a stutter in the system. Full throttle acceleration not a problemo.

So is it:

MAF
Ignition coil
Fuel filter
Anything else???

MY car also has cruise and therefore a drive-by-wire throttle. Any know problems with these?

Jas

LMFAO

:jump:

Now I've just got to sort the wires to the radiator fan and air-con compressor, as they intermittantly stop working

Ars3.

I have a perfectly clean MAF, Clean throttle body, clean filters, new fuel pump and new ignition control module.

And my car did it too at about 4500rpm. It was the Superchips Remap.

Worth checking the MAF, I borrowed Nick's MAF put it in my car and it runs fine! See if you can swap one in for a run and find out! Make sure you buy a Bosch part, no a cheap MAF of fleabay trust me on this I am £60 out of pocket because of it!

Good luck, dam now everyone has posted! opps :( ignor me!

stock recirc valve?
mine gave me a little kind of hiccup on cruising/low throttle angles
worth replacing

Jampublic said:
Worth checking the MAF, I borrowed Nick's MAF put it in my car and it runs fine! See if you can swap one in for a run and find out! Make sure you buy a Bosch part, no a cheap MAF of fleabay trust me on this I am £60 out of pocket because of it!

Where can i get a bosch one from as i've had a look on the internet and cant find one or will i need to go to audi?

Got a stock re-circ valve, new 4 months ago - took of a bailey dump valve to replace it.

Worth getting a newer one? the S3 version? Is it a stronger spring?
Jas

Paul8206 I used a company call CAFCO in Reading, try them on T: 01189 868456 Unsure if the do a mail service! You will need the Bosch part number of course! ;)

Hooley have you sorted it yet? Just put new MAF on mine today and car goes like a dream again, no more driving round with the MAF unplugged! :)

Got other issues to sort first.

Just had a 300 mile round trip and the temperature went through the roof when I hit traffic on M25.

Ars3

Don't think the fan is cutting in.

Also need to check the air-con compressor wiring as it's stopped working again. Intermittent fault.

Double ars3.

Jason