Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Goodwood Green Baby

Status

Am I even Sadder?

Drove my S3 for first time in dark last night...........hadnt driven it all day so i just took it round the block at midnight cause i missed it!! How fookin cool do the clocks look in the dark!!

Now is that worse then staring at tyres!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    No...that's not sadder...
    At least you were driving the damn thing.

I used to take my Integra Type-R out in the silly hours when swinging off nightshift, just to hear the VTEC noise...I'd often do 200 miles and empty the tank...just because.

Now, staring at tyres is just wrong...unless you are admiring how you've just shredded them, or how much of the lettering you've managed to buff off the sidewall with 'commited' cornering!
    Then, it's perfectly accepted...and indeed normal.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah the tyre thing is a little disturbing lol.

Driving in the early hours is grrrrreat, not much other traffic so safer to 'experiment'
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

4th Gear

Status
    i think thats worse than staring at the tyres.......just kiddin

no harm in driving at night and admiring the car and how it performs etc, in my opinion you can only enjoy driving at night.... when your not stuck behind some asswipe doing 16mph in a 40 on sunday afternoon...
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

Status
    Love the morning drive home.... 4am after kickin all the idiots of the club... the nice 20mile A48 all too myself.... by the time Im just coming over the last hill the sun is rising... love it!

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

Status
    I'm lucky that in 30-45 mins or so I can be in the Cairngorm National Park where Gods own roads can be found.
    No traffic, billiard table smooth...get there at 3-4am in summer and watch the sunrise as you clip apex after apex...superb!

I used to do the same on the bike too!

Two of my mates used to drive Taxis...once the drunks had gone home and they'd finished work, we'd get the leathers on and head inland...superb!

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer--daz
    .... by the time Im just coming over the last hill the sun is rising... love it!
    It's a great feeling isn't it?
    Empty roads...and the sun rising. Ace!
    Cars and bikes always sound a bit fresher and go a bit better in the colder, denser early morning air too.

Please note:

Status
    Only problem I have are the 4 b@stard speed camera's on a 20mile stretch! but if im feeling naughty the german plates easily clip out of the surrounds

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

Status
    Haha...none of that up my way...

Please note:

Status
    Wednesday nights are the best after the student night.... after a few chats with moaning coppers while at work I know for a fact there are only 8 bobbies working in the area! how terrible is that!

Remap Do I or Don't I???????

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Yeah the tyre thing is a little disturbing lol.

Driving in the early hours is grrrrreat, not much other traffic so safer to 'experiment'

I agree i work 12 hour shifts and when I finish at 6 in the morning I love giving it some stick round the corners, roundabouts etc..

I also agree with the clocks thing they look really cool but I wouldn't advise starting at them whilst your driving.

Katy you already have 12 points dont think you need anymore
    2001 AUDI S3 GOODWOOD GREEN - STANDARD - HYPERBOOST VALVE - BOSE SYSTEM - FULL HEATED LEATHER SEATS

Status
    12 point!?!?

1st Gear

Status
    i'm looking down the barrel of 9 points, at 26 with a years no claims....better enjoy her while i can!

girlfriend want me ta sell it! as if!...it'll be put into early retirement for 3 years....

ouch!
    Audi S4 Black on Black. 1999(T)facelift, Aluminium Mirrors, KW Varient 3 coilovers, AmD remap, uprated D/V's, 315bhp375Lb/ft torque, milltek down, 100cpsi cats an back, S4 B6 18" Oem runnin toyo T1-R's. Rs4 B5 front brakes still to fit...

Goodwood Green Baby

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3MHT
    I agree i work 12 hour shifts and when I finish at 6 in the morning I love giving it some stick round the corners, roundabouts etc..

I also agree with the clocks thing they look really cool but I wouldn't advise starting at them whilst your driving.

Katy you already have 12 points dont think you need anymore
    lol I have 13 actually but seriously i've done my time i drove a pug 306 hdi for 4 months then a bmw 320 ci for another 8 all so i would calm down......which i have lol, i feelt it was time i upped the anty again and bought an S3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy_S3
    Drove my S3 for first time in dark last night...........
    nah, thats not sad at all.

what is bad though, is nipping out for milk and taking a 80 mile round trip.

did that once before in my corrado. Never been tempted to do it in my s3 though

1st Gear

Status
    definately not sad like the tyre lover

4th Gear

Status
    I turned a five minute drive home from my parents' house into an hour and a half's countryside hooning the other week. Going for a drive "just because" is ace.
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel