WILL THE S3 RECARO SEATs FIT STR8 INTO A3 1.8T 2WD

lakhan

Reaction score
Just wondering the seats will fit str8 into my a3 1.8t 2wd, because someone was saying they wont fit in at the back different size seats or sumat??

has any1 done ths mod before??? could u let me know??

Thankz

They do fit straight in, but I believe the connector for the airbag electrics is different. I'd make sure you sort that before switching on the ignition or the airbag warning light wont go out until it is reset by Audi. Did you get a scrapped S3 per chance as you seem to have a lot of parts off of one!

he does seem to be getting a lot of S3 parts, but my question is, why didnt you buy an S3? WIth the money you are spending converting yours into an S3 lookalike you could have got an S3 and insured it. My opinion is, im not keen on fakes why make a car something that it isnt. But, carry on with your good work.

hi there
yes they will fit straight in, i have done this in my car and as khufu said the only promblem is the airbag connector, and the fact the seats are ****** heavy!! the connectors on the standard seats have two pins whereas the recaros have 3 pins, i am yet to sort out what the extra wire does and don't really want to just guess! now you've reminded me about this i'll have a look at etka and try and figure out a solution /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif