Cars back!!!

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
hey
picked up the car yesterday after work, Ed + crew were really good!!
The power is around 360bhp but i need to get in on the rollers to get an exact output. But the car feels very good! couldn't really give it much yesterday as it was ******* down as usual! so gonna take it out tonight and see what it can do! does feel very rapid now tho! Just cant wait till a cold day with lots some fog!! lol should go like ****! Also had Mot with no problems! So whens the next meet!??

I bet you can't wait to give it some - obviously in a safe and sensible manner !

Back again! Dam, well good luck!

You missed a good meet on sunday!

Oh 16th August, which sucks since I am away! Boo :crying:

Take it easy man, the power delivery is very smooth and deceptive, you'll be covering ground a WHOLE lot quicker than you think.

If i were you I'd get on a track day ASAP and learn your car in a safe environment or you could very easily end up as a nasty stain on the road somewhere.

Enjoy, but BE SAFE.

What boost is it running now edward?
Have fun mate.

MIne's back too and is absolutely flying!

1.6bar on max boost, 0.8bar on low, (variable inbetween).

Prob with mine (boost) was traced to a sticking brand new bailey dv, now running a stock new audi one.

I also fitted new cooler copper plugs, had a neuspeed cooler thermostat, removed, cleaned and retorqued the knock sensors and removed the miltek centre box...and it seemd to work, 3 degrees more timing, 0.25 more boost, turbo spooling strong at 3100 revs now, not 3800 as it was before.....midrange is stonking, real agressive on full boost, and even on 1.2bar, its really really strong now. Easy to get to silly speeds indeed!
I had a go on a runway at local airstrip, a bit bumpy at the end and 150 on the speedo comes up very easily.

Did some tests with a gps data logger too. It was getting late and did not have a lot of time with it, but got best 0-60 of 5.17. 5.5 with esp on weirdly enough..?
best 1/4 mile was 13.22 at 109.25mph.

Best 0-100 was 11.57.

In gear though its immense, 3rd and 4th are mentalist!

it's running 1.6bar, yea the track day sounds good. need to get some decent tyres tho. found some new 19" sportec wheels with pirelli pzeros so i might get them! it's a ihi v34f turbo

I think with different gearing it would be able to nip at the 12s, a longer 4th would mean it would not need to need 5th over the quarter.

Same with 0-60, it revs to well over 7k but I only take it to 7k and 60mph comes up sort of on the overun as you are changing to thrid, (ie coasting during the change, with it goin to about 59mph before you snatch the 3rd gear. Not that 0-60 is that important, but its quicker in the real world than the figures suggest I reckon.
Will have to get some in car vids now to put up!

i did ask about the next stage! an even bigger turbo and 2ltr crank! gets to about 430bhp!! might do this next! lol

I don't think you wll see better than a 13.6 at santa pod the gearing sucks.
Are you running standard internals simch?

Yes stock, hence I actually tweak the boost controller just off max for all the runs, needs a boost guage but guess at 1.5+bar.

ON the rooad its not much quicker from half boost to full, which I think will be about 1.3bar to 1.6bar.

I always thought pod was a "quick" strip? I think the slightly damp conditions I tested in helped for both power and letting a bit of slip in on the wheels.

I am running a sachs uprated slutch whihc certainly helps off the line.

Nest time I can get the gear and have a play, I am going to try short shifting to 4th from 2nd, as the 60-100 in 4th is devastatingly quick. I suspect the loss of a gearchange will outweigh the additonal power available in third, so times will be similar.

Performance seems to be almost identical to my friends v8 RS4 on the logger, so I think its a decent result overall. Although not on the same day as I did mine, I got some files of a ferrari 360 maranello they tested on the same test gear and mine was a tad quicker than that !! hahahaahahah! Tested to 130mph only though and its Paddle gbox did not help it!.

edward_harris said:
where did you have all your work done simch? have you got any other planes for the car?

Is he as rich as Ess_Three?

Planes as well as S3's!!

She's pretty much finished now, I have a few interior bits and bobs for it, (armrest, dc changer) to fit, and I will fit a boost gauge too.

Just some minor setting up and tweaking and it's then driving it.

Jabba did turbo / mapping, (I did a few littel additions to it between visits after it was not running too well initally due to the sticking DV).

So its just keep boost on half -3/4 and go out and have some fun now!

Oh, I have got my train airhorns to fit to it they will be on an arming switch wired to the main horn so when eeejuts wont move over on the mway, I can give them 120db blast of locomotive horn to see if it persuades them to stop being a nobber! lol!

ok cool sounds good! im tempted to try an even bigger turbo in the future and maybe push to 430 bhp, but not sure if it would really feel much quicker than it does now?!

Ed you haven't had your new turbo five minutes!! ***

I think the 4wd cars handle the power better, but the bigger turbo fwd stuff sort of just seem to become "dyno queens". I am not sure in the real world if they are that much quicker on the road, more laggy, bigger hit when it comes.

I'm going to concentrate on set up now, minor tweaking here and there. I think also that the real big turbos may not be as easy to live with fomra maintenance perspective. I know even the top mount GTRS garrets are having some mecanical issues with cracking manifolds, melting pipes etc. Theyare big heavy turbos, and there is not always places to add support ot them so I wonder in the long run if they may have problems..?

IHI seems relaible if run sensibly, yes some turbo bearing issues but if set up sensibly there are many out there that have done many 1000's of trouble free miles..?

was just a thought! just been out for a kane! feels so quick tonight! dont no if its the cold air or what! just made some chav look stupid in his 306! As you said 4th really does pull! Just want to keep driving it but the fuel gage does rapidly go down!

Jampublic said:
Oh 16th August, which sucks since I am away! Boo :crying:

Mr Mead I think it is on the 19th August, does that mean you can come or have you got your dates wrong?

Would be nice if I have, will check at the office tomorrow!

Mead as in re-mead-eal.. ;)