Turbo Intake Pipes

gbhdavies

Reaction score
On some of the threads I've read some of the A3 owners have commented on their new turbo intake pipes. From this I presume they are talking about a larger diameter intake to the turbo. Is this a modification available for the S3 or does this model already possess a larger diameter intake? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
GBH

The S3 doesn't have a metal turbo inlet pipe, despite a certain company advertising that their aftermarket pipe is suitable!

The hose from the MAF goes directly onto the inlet to the compressor of the turbo...with a jubilee clip either end...no metal pipe involved.

I know Ottinger do an aluminium turbo intake pipe costs about £380 incl vat. No sure how good it is or how easy it is to fit but Oettinger have a good rep. I think you can get this through RSD.

I know Oettinger do an aluminium turbo intake pipe costs about £380 incl vat. No sure how good it is or how easy it is to fit but Oettinger have a good rep. I think you can get this through RSD.

Isn't the Oettinger pipe a replacement for the rubber hose from MAF to turbo?
I believe so...rather than a replacement turbo inlet metal pipe thet a hose then goes onto.

The Oettinger piece is probably very nice, but why spend that kind of cash when Forge do a Samco hose for around £100 that does the same job?