Looking for a BAM S3 in the next week

mwstewart

Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
Hello all, I've just sold my everyday car - E46 Cab, and want something a bit cheaper to replace (recent house purchase). S3 seems ideal.

I'm looking for a low mileage (no more than 35k) BAM engined car. My ideal spec would be Mineral Grey with Silver leather, although I will consider anything except Imola if it's been looked after.

If you know of anything going then please give me a shout.

Cheers!
Mark

hey geez whats wrong with imola?:yellowrs4:

S3 SAF said:
hey geez whats wrong with imola?:yellowrs4:

Yeah I agree, what's wrong with it?! Great colour and it's like a snowboard in hell...I don't like the yellow interior though, it would have to be black leather!

actually my man, it's dolphin grey on yer BAM car...
I think mineral was the older ones...
FYI! :)

Dolphin grey is an awesome colour. Goes best with cream Alcantara IMO. Mine is in Black with Blue Alcantara. Also a good mix

i've got dolphin with cream alcantara, but sometimes, I wish my nerve had have held and got an absolute red one. My friends all seemed to rate the red last though, so peer group pressure won out.

absolute red or ming blue with black leather is the way forward :icon_thumright:

Going to look at one tomorrow with cash in hand, if it's as nice as it looks in the ad I'll be coming home with it.

Absolute red with black leather.

I shall report back with pics!

one of my mates mother is selling a 52 plate S3 in silver with full service history and only 14k on the clock shes advertised it for 12k.

I picked on up this morning. I paid a bit extra for it but it's the best I've looked at to date, I looked at a few with worn lower arms, shiny leather and steering wheels etc. This is 100% how I want it bar the interior color :)

It has BOSE, Sunroof, 6 CD Symphony - think that's about it.

A few things I've noticed

1) Coming from an E46 the handling is quite frankly apalling. The spring rates seem fine for road use but it feels like the standard setup/geometry is very conservative. How much adjustment do we have on the standard suspension/hubs/arms? I may whip off the rear arms over the weekend and make them adjustable. What are the recommendations for suspension? It feels like it may respond to a change of rear ARB, I'm noticng serious understeer.

2) Exhaust. This seems quite tame even compared to a TT's system. Does anyone have a pic of the standard system?

Cheers!

Looks amazing mate, red is my fave colour for an S3 :icon_thumright:

What year, mileage etc?

Nice one Mark. :icon_thumright:

I went off the red ones quite a while back, though some of teh recent pics posted on here show them off very well. Usually I think they look a bit faded, though the one you just picked up looks quite a deep colour.

What interior colour is it that you would prefer? I think black goes well with the red.

Anyway, enjoy. :)

recomdos said:
Nice one Mark. :icon_thumright:

I went off the red ones quite a while back, though some of teh recent pics posted on here show them off very well. Usually I think they look a bit faded, though the one you just picked up looks quite a deep colour.

What interior colour is it that you would prefer? I think black goes well with the red.

Anyway, enjoy. :)

Hello old friend! :icon_thumright:

This isa beautiful example, the previous owner must have really loved it. The paintwork is all original and the red is very deep.

I like the black but I've always had a thing for the silver (providing it's not worn and dirty!).

Mark

Hey bud, nice to hear from ya ;)

It does look a beauty! Are those wheels 18's? I'd imagine they probably are?

So you got any plans for a remap etc? I noticed you mentioned about the note of the exhaust. Is it just the sound you're looking for?

Yeah, it's funny as most people prefer the black, but I was happy to have silver!! My mates all prefer the black. Though mine being the little sister it don't have the lumbar etc. grrr!

Rob :)

Rob, yes they are OEM 18's :) I'll definitely be getting a remap as I'm not overly impressed with the standard performance. I'd like a bit more of a 'fruity' exhaust note, I'll take a look at the standard system when I get a chance and see what I can do to change the note a bit.

I could have easily gotten a black one with less miles and for less money - Red/Silver/Blue all fetch a premium.

Mark