Dashboard warning light???

CycleSi

Reaction score
A warning light has appeared within the 'speedo dial' on my S3. It is a picture of an engine, but I can't find any details in the owners manual about it.

I think it came on after I pulled away hard with the ESP turned off - l felt a little bit of wheelspin and then it gripped as normal.

What am l likely to have done and how do l fix it?:lmfao:

A colleague of mine had the same problem on his V6 Golf 4-Motion, I think it turned out to be a sensor of some sort, I'll ask him tommorow and let you know for sure.

thats the CEL (engine managment) light, could be anything. Best off getting someone to scan it with VAG.COM.

indy vag garage should be able,just phone around

Hiya,
Found out from my mate on his 4-motion it through out the brake light switch, sounds odd but thats what it was when examined by VW. (he said check your brake lights are working)
Hope this helps

How can people not know what an Engine Management Light is?

Anyway, it could be a multitude of things. It can be triggered by any error and only a scan would be able to tell you, for certain, what is going on. Otherwise it's just trial and error.

Cycle Si did you get it sorted? A garage could charge you as much a £50 to plug in and check faults, a stealer could charge you a load more!