Damn boot latch, a lovely Audi feature

Voodoo

Reaction score
Website
www.shrewsburybowmen.co.uk
As time goes on, I come across little quirky annoyances with the Audi construction, and the boot latch is another one :no:

as you can see from the above pic, the catch circled in red came disconnected, thus I was out one day and found I couldnt open my boot , the handle moves fine but its not pulling the catch at the bottom :think:... to my supprise there is no way to manually open the boot from inside the car, bit of poor design there. But I pulled the trim off and put it back and all was well....
A few days later shut the boot one time might of shut it a tad hard and found I couldnt open it again, grrrr.... took the pannel off and it wasnt out but it was not connected fully, hence didnt pull the catch enough to open it grrrrr... so its been Gaffered in now, job done :icon_thumright:

Just thought id share this snippet, for others who find they are shut out of their A3 boots for some odd reason.

Occassionally have that problem with mine, rather annoying when you cant open the boot from the inside!

Does the remote boot release on the keyfob not work?

its not the locking mechanism thats broke... that works fine hence turning the key in the lock doesnt work either... the problem ive had twice now, is that the mechanism linking the lock to the handle comes unlinked, so when you lift the handle nothing happens.
If you look at the bottom of the pic you can see the catch that locks the boot, without the link theres no way to move that catch over to open the boot. Central locking wont help with that issue :)

The boot button on my keyfob actuates the catch, opening the boot. Looks like Audi saw the error of their ways and changed the mechanism on later models!