How much is my car worth?

takism

TakisM
Reaction score
Guys, what do you reckon I could get for my S3. I have had it from new and has had only me as owner:
Car specs as follows:
2002, face lifted version with 225hp.
Ming blue (pearl paint)
Very low mileage 39700 miles (it has always been the second car in the family and I mainly drive wife's car for day to day jobs).
Has Bose sound system and Audi Symphony CD/Cassette/Radio with six cd front loading changer in dash.
It is generally in excellent condition with Audi full service history to date. Next service is in 4800miles but always in between the services I do oil and filter, air filter and spark plugs. These were all done last week together with fitting new diverter valve (all original Audi parts - with receipts).
Any ideas as to how much I should ask for it would be appreciated?
Many thanks.

between 12 and 13. anything less and they're getting a bargain.

Theres fewer and fewer low milage s3's around nowadays. Tight, clean cars will sell themselves.

How about mine.

2000 X 210bhp in ming blue with a mere 29k on the clock.
Full service history in excellent condition
Just had timing belt, water pump & haldex oil done + 2 new tyres.

Thinking of a change......R32 maybe.

Nik.

i think many people will question if it needs a cambelt or not, and could try to knock you down on that.

the cam belt is 60k or 5 years isnt it? so its about due a belt.....

sounds like a gorgeous car, although with the MASSIVE recent price drops, and facelifts now easily found for less than 9k, id be surprised if this was worth a penny more than 12k, probably more like 11.

still, not to put it down, sounds gorgeous, and well looked after too :)

best of luck with the sale! just dont hold your hopes for a really high price, its only worth what somebody is willing to pay

Thanks guys.
After posting my original question a work colleague also suggested I check Parkers (as per 'voorhees' advice).
So adjusting for the pearl paint and Bose/Symphony package I hope to get around £12.5k like 'madvw' said.
I hate to see it go but I've had five good years with it and since getting married last year and now starting a family it just doesn't get driven and it's a shame, plus I keep forking out for the insurance/MOT/road tax, etc. on two cars and it's just not necessary (roll on mid life crisis in couple years:notme: ).
If anyone's interested drop me a PM and I can send you all details and photos although I'll probably be posting it in the classifieds here and possibly Autotrader as well just as soon as we get some dry weather so that I can take decent photos (at moment only have photos of my S3 wet:sadlike: ).
Thanks again.

PS. have just had a look at the new S3 - looks good in white!

Prawn said:
i think many people will question if it needs a cambelt or not, and could try to knock you down on that.

the cam belt is 60k or 5 years isnt it? so its about due a belt.....

sounds like a gorgeous car, although with the MASSIVE recent price drops, and facelifts now easily found for less than 9k, id be surprised if this was worth a penny more than 12k, probably more like 11.

still, not to put it down, sounds gorgeous, and well looked after too :)

best of luck with the sale! just dont hold your hopes for a really high price, its only worth what somebody is willing to pay

You're right prawn it's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay but I've now also had a look at other used sales sites and only been able to find one or two low mileage ones like mine and quite a lot of 55000+ milers (most for over £11500 and without the Bose/Symphony).

I hadn't thought about the cambelt. I'll call Audi in the morning to clarify. I take it from your tone that this is probably a pricey job?

i payed £8000 for mine , 50000 miles , fash , w reg , was that a good price , also got heated leather , heated mirrors , esp , and few other extras

nick-barnes07 said:
i payed £8000 for mine , 50000 miles , fash , w reg , was that a good price , also got heated leather , heated mirrors , esp , and few other extras

That doesn't sound bad. What year is a 'W' reg?

'esp' i think is standard at least it was from 2002 onwards.

takism said:
That doesn't sound bad. What year is a 'W' reg?
2000 my bros just purchased one with armrest and heated seats,the Barsteward!!!!

takism said:
Guys, what do you reckon I could get for my S3. I have had it from new and has had only me as owner:
Car specs as follows:
2002, face lifted version with 225hp.
Ming blue (pearl paint)
Very low mileage 39700 miles (it has always been the second car in the family and I mainly drive wife's car for day to day jobs).
Has Bose sound system and Audi Symphony CD/Cassette/Radio with six cd front loading changer in dash.
It is generally in excellent condition with Audi full service history to date. Next service is in 4800miles but always in between the services I do oil and filter, air filter and spark plugs. These were all done last week together with fitting new diverter valve (all original Audi parts - with receipts).
Any ideas as to how much I should ask for it would be appreciated?
Many thanks.

Try for £12,500 in view of its excellent condition.

Try for £12,500 in view of its excellent condition

I paid £9000 for my December 2002 52 reg, 1 owner, full Audi history, recent cambelt, michelin tyres all round, high mileage at 93k but is it really worth paying £3500 more just for a lower mileage?

Not trying to cause an arguement in any way, its just a question with no offence intended:icon_thumright:

Mileage has never been something that bothers me on a car, i buy them on condition, i'd chose a high mileage car in good condition over a low mileage in rough condition (not saying the car above is rough)

£9k is fair for a car thats close to 100k. Its that age where some people consider it's time to get rid before it hits 100. Mileage is totally irrelevant though as long as the car has been looked after. The problem is that the more miles a car has done, the more maintenance it'll need - parts don't last forever.

i'd pay £3500 more for a car that 50,000 less miles - its a no-brainer.

Thanks guys, all comments appreciated and no offence taken.
I am a serious seller, albeit reluctant one, so will negotiate within reason if the market's not at £12,500.
I have listed it on exchange and mart starting today for £12,500 which appears reasonable starting price in amungst the others they have there and see how it goes.
Thanks again and I hope to one day, in the not too distant future when wife and kids permit, rejoin the S3 ranks. In the meantime I'll keep poking my face:jump: in here from time to time.

The problem is that the more miles a car has done, the more maintenance it'll need - parts don't last forever.

Got to disagree with that, example a 50000 mile car that has been on track days and driven hard compared to a 100000 mile car that has spent most of its life on the motorway at 70-80mph, the high mileage car could possibly have less wear and tear, not trying to argue just my opinion really.

To me its all about the condition of the car, not the mileage, also main dealer history does not really bother me, condition is the main thing to me :icon_thumright:

Attempting to link some images of my S3 taken earlier today following a good wash and polish and about 10 secs before she got ****** on again:banghead:
IMAGE_093.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic9.jpg

Gotta be honest and say that she's not quite as shiny as the external photos make her out ot be here...don't quite know why they came out so shiny (was using a camera phone with very weak flash) but she's not bad for five years old!
:)

Oh and never been tracked, has always been our second car and one round trip to Greece :rockwoot:

S3_dash.jpg

If you stare at it close enough you can just see the needle is past the 140 and nudging 150mph!
:thrashi:
:undwech: