Bulb failure light on S3

s3_rob

Reaction score
Hi, bulb failure light keeps coming on for no apparent reason. Have checked bulbs and fuses which all work and everything seems fine, however, when i start car. it does its system check, comes back OK. Then a second later the bulb failure light comes on.

Any ideas, or is it off to the garage?

:think:

ive got this on mine, but its only now and again, it will flash on, stay on for about 4mins then go out!

It's not the brake light is it? Only comes on to warn you the first time you press the brakes...

On my old BMW 323i it kept saying brake light failure even though they worked, took the bulbs out and they were black (but still working) replaced them and problem solved :icon_thumright:

One of my brake lights in my A3 was dodgy, the bulb was fine, just the connection. It would beep when I pressed the brake (not always the first time of the journey) but then a bit later on, if the connection is made again, the light will go out on the dash.

no its not the brake light, according to manual, it states either dipped beam, rear lights or fuse.

i think i will try replacing the rear bulbs first, as suggested.

had the car over a year and never seen this before, all bulbs work and all fuses still in tact.

I had this problem, ended up being a dodgy rear brake light bulb, replaced it and has been fine ever since