MOT Dillemma

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi guys got a little problem here,

My MOT is Due and tax is up on the 30th of this month!

Car is lowered 55mm all round on H&R Shocks Trouble is ive been waiting for APS For a few weeks now to get me my H&R ARB Kit. The wrong fitting kit came in so couldnt have it done last weekend.

My problem is this without the ARB's the Driveshaft Rub's so will it still pass an MOT like that?

If not, Where can i get some H&R ARB'S from and fitted fast??

Jason

Why can't you fit them yourself?

Its time consuming but not hard?

Eibachs are always in stock at Venom Motorsport.

dont you still get a free re-test with the MOT stations ? If you do you could get it MOT'd and if it failed you would have time to change them before taking it back for the re-test.....

A3_Turbo said:
Good point yeah! Just depends on how long i'll be waiting for the ARB'S to come in at APS.

Jason

I think the re-tests are within 7 days, you could always get the MOT station (If they carry out work) to fit them for you then they may give you a bit of an extension on the re-test.... worth asking them :icon_thumright:

It's alright now Ed at APS Has sorted it for me all being done down at APS for friday.

Thumbs up to Ed as always!

A3_Turbo said:
It's alright now Ed at APS Has sorted it for me all being done down at APS for friday.

Thumbs up to Ed as always!

cool... hope all goes well fella :icon_thumright:

think this is down to who does the MOT. one of my old cars failed a few years back on a few thing so i took it some where else and they didnt even notice and it passed.

I agree, despite them being a standardised test, it varies massively from garage to garage. My Ibiza was failed last time for not having a mounting point for the front passenger seat belt - despite the fact that the mounting is attached to the seat, and the seat wasn't in the car. The MOT tester would only pass the car if:
1. He removed the seat belt
2. I refitted the seat.
I went for option 2, swearing and cursing at the MOT tester.

Funny how it had passed 2 previous MOTs without a front passenger seat...