S3 Power Loss

gbhdavies

Reaction score
Hello everybody
Pre-xmas I went to awesome and had their APR chip conversion with cruise control and optimax programme. Not teaching anyone to suck eggs, but it's adjustable between the standard power (210) and the increased power. They also fitted a new MAF sensor. It changed the car totally. However, for some bizarre reason I drove it recently on the standard setting, and the car feels really sluggish. Has anyone experienced similar problems, or is it just an illusion generated by the fact the car is so impressive with increased power? If there is a problem how do I diagnose it. Would a rolling road session tell me anything? This was not done when the car went in for its "little operation".
Any advice welcomed
Cheers
GBH

Howdie, I have pretty much the same kit, but with a new exhaust and sports cat. I feel the same thing when I switch to 'stock' code, and it's just a reminder of why you had the car modified in the first place /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dan

Cheers m8! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif I was a little concerned! I'll have to stop running it on standard. Incidentally, have you had your car rolling roaded, I'm interested to find out how powerful it is. Also, di the sports cat make i difference? I've heard very good things about them.
GBH

I've not had it RR'ed yet, but I plan to. I found a place in Bolton with a AWD RR that would do it for £50. Just need to make the time.

Can't really say whether the cat helps or not - I got it all done at the same time. I've certainly got no complaints. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan