grey s3 wheels

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score

Hi everyone ,im new to this site and my S3,i was thinkin of gettin my standard 17inch s3 wheels sprayed proffessionally in either black or dark grey,any opinions or photo shop pics would be very handy cheers again.:hi:

Hello and welcome :sm4:

Opinion: this will look terrible. The S3 is a beautiful car and can be enhanced with certain types of wheels but not by spraying them surely?

its just my mate has a golf vr6,with sprayed black wheels they look good they are done properly with lacquer etc,and look as good as the black wheels you buy from anywhere,but just not sure.cheers mate:hi:

I just think they end up looking dirty, like they're caked in brake dust. I think a clean set of alloys is all the car needs to look great.

Try searching because there have been a few threads about spraying wheels recently.

sprayed black S3 alloys on my old golf. gives you a idea

MVC-103S.jpg

they look smart on rs4 wheels dunno bout s3 wheels tho still debaiting on it

Post a big ish pic of your can in here and i'll have a quick photoshop.

i think grey will look good i have a photo of a silver one with them, if anyone wants to host it ?

These are a very dark bluey grey, not the best photo to highlight the colour...

Click on the image for full size...

s3_25-03-07_4.jpg

Just dug an old one out which highlights the blue tinge to the grey :-

s3_grey_mtms4.jpg

Are you thinking of something like this beauty? Bear in mind that these are 18" S4 alloys as opposed to the 17" versions on the S3

LovelyS3.jpg

the photo i have is similar to that may even be the same car with standard S3avus wheel painted in grey.

i think its gotta be done that pic above this comment has made my mind up i shall post a pic of my car to be photo shopped later,thanks again for all your comments and pics keep them comin,

It looks the same as mine so hopefully when i get the wheels done mine should look very similar,,,i hope anyway..............:hi:

I think it used to belong to a member on here, can't tell you who though? I know it was in the classifieds section a month or so ago with a £10,500 asking price, and I don't know who bought it either so I'm not a great deal of help really!