remap advise

mastayoda

Reaction score
Hi,

im a newbie to audi's and the slighlty daunting world of chip tuning / remaping etc.. My only other previous turbo chaged car had a carb.

I am really after a reccomendation for a company i can use for the remap from a member, as i reckon this counts more than flashy websites etc..

Im based in Salisbury, Wiltshire and am willing to travel a bit, to get a decent job done.

Ive also noticed prices for remaps vary, is there a reason for this?

cheers

Ollie

There are loads of decent companies with a vast knowledge of VAG tuning, a search should reveal peoples experience and opinions.

Off the top of my head....

Superchips
Revo
Star Performance (Scotland)
AMD
APS
Jabba Sport
Awesome in Manchester

Those are the ones I'd consider

cool, i had a look on the revo website and saw "south coast wheels / beatle repairs " in Southampton.

This would be the closest place to me.

Has any one used them? good experience?

cheers guys!

I definatley go on recomendation these days. Getting anything done on your car can turn into a disaster, so i now tread carefully!!!

Just to make you aware that once your car has had a remap it may require a new clutch due to the extra horses and torque.

tbh i reckon it will need doing some time soon any way, as its still original @ 90,000 miles

how much are maf sensors as i was reading they normally go after a remap?

I`m in southampton and have been looking for a good VAG tuning garage etc.. I just came across Regal Autosport who are in Southampton. Popped in there on my way home from work and they took my car in straight away to look at my haldex controller which i think is not working and to fix my broken electric window. Real friendly people and looks like a really good setup!! They do GIAC remapping which has a good following and has been reccomended by a few people on here to me its £499 inc VAT and they have a rolling road too. I think i will get mine remapped by them after getting my haldex sorted. Regal's website is : http://www.vag-tuner.com/ hope that helps and maybe i will see you down there somewhen.

yeah! that would be good. I reckon you should get yours done first ;) then you can take we out in it.

I was going to get mine done this month, but as it was the girlfriends birthday and i need an oil serivce - it isnt looking likely till next month.

thanks for the info though, i know where they are i think...near a halfords?

They have moved they used to be near Halfords in shirley but they are now in Belgrave Road in Portswood (its the little industrial estate behind the Brook Pub). They have all the address detials on their website, I will hopefully get my car back today n fingers crossed i will be back to quattro again :arco: Once i have those bits sorted thats when i will get the remapping done.

The clutch thing is nonsense.

My car is remapped and on original clutch 130K miles later. Its only JUST started slipping.

Last I heard RichA3turbo was running 330Bhp and again, original clutch.

Revo and Superchips are great if you only ever intend to use the car on the road and want the 'feeling' of power as opposed to a proper, progressive powerful map with correct torque distribution.

Awesome use APR which are decent maps.

Jabbasport and Star use their own variations on maps and are excellent.

AMD no longer exist.

MRC is supposed to be good.

Custom Code will have a dealer near you, and they are also very good.

Basically, Custom Code, Jabba, MRC and APR are all worth ringing.

Got my window fixed and had a second hand Haldex which they installed all for £205 inc VAT (thats including giving me the haldex controller too) so am v happy and back to having 4wd!! have already emailed Regal to give me some prices on getting the GIAC remap so once i have that i can work out when i can afford it and then get it booked in!! so will let you know what price they come back with.