EM TuningBadger5
    Neutral

Status

max size spacers on the rear??????????

hi guys ive just had 15mm spacers fitted to the front of my s3 as ive had big brakes fitted but i now think i need bigger than my 15 on the rear as the front sit further out, whats the biggest i can fit at the back, the cars also lowered 25mm, any help would be great guys thanks, daz

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Question

I've got no evidence what so ever to base his on but if you've got 18 x 8 alloys on it, don't go lower than the 25mm and don't drive it too hard I reckon you could get away with 20mm spacers on the back. I know alot of people will disagree but hey!
    Do you really need 15mm on the front? Reason I ask is I've been looking at a Porsche conversion and have been told 10mm will clear the calipers no probs, unless you've gone for some AP 6/8 potters!!
    "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

1999 Rocketship Silver S3 - Full Black Heated Leather, Bose, Armrest, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Sunroof, Dension Ipod Kit, Trakker.
    18" RSTT's with Eagle F1's,15mm & 10mm H&R Spacers, MTM Remap, FMIC, Milltek System & Cat, Silcone Hoses, Forge DV, Uprated Clutch, Cupra R Splitter, Tints, plus some I've probably forgot and more to come.......

4th Gear

Status
    i'm surprised you need 15mm spacers. my oettinger's only required 2 mm, but i had to use h&r 10mm as they are the thinnest hubcentric spacers

how much clearance do you have?

6th Gear

Status
    10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear is the best set up, looks good and much less stress on the wheel bearings than larger spacers.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Aky
    Aky

Status
    I've got some 5mm eibach spacers which will be going on when I get my Brembo's fitted later on this week. As they aren't hubcentric will they be ok?

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Hey mate, I've got 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear. Had them for about a year and no problem so far: http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Spacers.htm, but then again I am running standard 17" wheels but it's lowered 35mm
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky
    I've got some 5mm eibach spacers which will be going on when I get my Brembo's fitted later on this week. As they aren't hubcentric will they be ok?
    these won't be hubcentric, you'd be best off with a pair of 10mm H&R hubcentrics, with longer H&R Bolts. I got mine from the TT shop

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW

Status
    ive got 15mill all round and only problem i have ive got 19s and with passangers in the back i some times rub on the inner arch

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballcrusher
    ive got 15mill all round and only problem i have ive got 19s and with passangers in the back i some times rub on the inner arch
    Are you running adjustable tie bars also along with your eibach springs?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    i was laughing at my friend the other day he has a pug 106 with summing silly like 30mm spacers on all wheels
    EMAIL/MSN:justin@j4g3d.co.uk

Status
    just the eibach if you use tie bars the wheels rub even more so as the camber brings the wheels up strait but with 10mill spacers are fine with tie bars

S3 Drift King!

Status
    just the eibach if you use tie bars the wheels rub even more so as the camber brings the wheels up strait but with 10mill spacers are fine with tie bars
    That's cool, just got some 10mm spacers for the rear, but it looks like I can go 15mm, but 10 should be enough then - thanks.
    How are you finding tyre wear with the Eibachs? I was on a tired set of tyres(approx 18k miles) when I had mine fitted, and you can definitely see the insides of the tyre edges scrubbing away and kill the tyres 2k miles later. I've done approx. 2k miles on a fresh set of tyres, and they are still looking pretty fresh.

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonS3
    but i had to use h&r 10mm as they are the thinnest hubcentric spacers
    8mm are the smallest H&R hubcentric spacers, I have them on my car

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Status
    tyers wernt to bad done 25000 miles before i had to change them YES I DO **** LOADS OF MILES...LOL

also tie bars a bit costly ive been told..?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    also tie bars a bit costly ive been told..?
    Obvioulsy a set of 19" tyres would offset the cost of the tie bars in the long run! 25k miles, not bad.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky

You may find you will get annoying steering wheel vibration at motorway speeds ie 70mph plus. Make sure you fit them the best you can or get some hubcentric ones!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

3rd Gear

Status
    I used 8mm Eibach non hubcentric (obviously) on the front and got bad vibration around 70mph.
    Went to 10mm hubcentric with no vibration.

I now run 15mm on the front to clear the Big Reds (GT3 calipers) and 18mm on the rear with no probs.
    The wider track on the front HAS induced some understeer though although the car handles so well that it more than makes up for this.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

Neutral

Status
    yeah im running ap brakes and they are huge!!! i mite get away with 10's but it would be tight and i had the 15's spare so thought it made sense, i was thinking of using 25 each way to make them really stick out but im not sure if thats being silly, 20's would have to be a minimum, is there nobody running this size at the back?? thanks for all the comments so far guys, daz

Neutral

Status
    I wouldn't entertain the 25mm spacers unless your going for the monster truck look! A few people run 20mm on the back and claim to have no problems. I've thought about it myself but tend to drive my car pretty hard and can't be arsed with any rubbing issues so went for 15mm a side just to fill the arches a little bit.
    If I were you I'd stick the 15's you've already got onto the rear and get a set of 10's for the front, I'd be amazed if 10mm spacers didn't clear the calipers. Out of interest what calipers have you put on?
    "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

1999 Rocketship Silver S3 - Full Black Heated Leather, Bose, Armrest, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Sunroof, Dension Ipod Kit, Trakker.
    18" RSTT's with Eagle F1's,15mm & 10mm H&R Spacers, MTM Remap, FMIC, Milltek System & Cat, Silcone Hoses, Forge DV, Uprated Clutch, Cupra R Splitter, Tints, plus some I've probably forgot and more to come.......

Neutral

Status
    AP RACING mate
    even with the 15's they're close its touch and go wether 10's would work i assure you, i might go 20 at the back just to give it that little more, then i can see about putting 10's on at a later date,

Sir Scouser Benitez

Status
    just ran across this thread.

I'm looking at some spacers for my A4.

Any idea where i can get a set from - i have no idea.

thanks in advance!!!
    |B6 A4 1.9 PD TDI Sport | Fully Colour-Coded |18" RS6 Reps | EBC Grooved Discs | Greenstuff Pads | Jabbasport Custom Remap - 141.9hp @ 3683rpm / 368Nm @ 2154rpm | Complete With Drivers Detailing Disorder |