Badger5Sky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Thinking of selling my s3 whats it worth ???

Thinking of selling my s3 whats it worth ?? as i have got to much money in it and its a good deposit on a house .I have had my audi s3 for 8 months and carnt fault it one bit i went looking at loads when i wanted one and just couldnt get over how many bad ones there are around . After 2 months i manage to find one in great yarmouth with is a long way to go from manchester anyway wont go on with my self . Its a 2001 facelift with full black leather its done 72000 thousond on a full audi history . When i got it i had the cam belt , water pump and tensioners replaced recent heavy duty fast road stage 1 clutch to cope with haveing the re map done by awesome gti new wheels and german plates the list goes on i mite not sell it yet just really want to know what it is worth as i have mention selling it to my mates and a few are intrested but probably wouldnt come up with the money any advice would be great and i am going to miss this total awesome car

Last edited by stus32007; 24th June 2007 at 18:20. Reason: spelling

2. # ADS
    ADS

hud at ye bam

Status
    In all reality 9.5 - 10k
    [/sarcasm]

Neutral

Status
    i thought maybe a little more my mate offered me £10k for it but dont know if he would be able to come up with the ££££

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    9.5-10K's a good estimate.

I'd turn up at your door with 10K in cash FULLY expecting to walk away with only having paid 9K.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stus32007
    i thought maybe a little more....

Just remember, your mods have de-valued the car, not added to it.
    [/sarcasm]

Neutral

Status
    yes and haveing bought it i had it fully serviced at audi all belts changed and new water pump , recent new wheels and a re map at awesome uprated clutch etc i have spent loads on it over the month and not selling like i bought it

Neutral

Status
    i would let it go for &#163;10k

hud at ye bam

Status
    yes and haveing bought it i had it fully serviced at audi all belts changed and new water pump

With that, its worth about 10k.

recent new wheels and a re map at awesome uprated clutch etc i have spent loads on it over the month and not selling like i bought it
    With that, its worth about 9k.
    [/sarcasm]

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Did you read what Chris said?

Modification devalue the car, as people will assume its been thrased.

Personally, I'd buy a car that I knew had been tracked, and tracked hard, but I wouldnt touch a car If I thought a traffic light grand prix merchant had owned it.

The Audi service history is worth a few quid tho.

Never ever expect to get back what you have put in unless you got the car at a bargain price.

Have you had the car on VAG-COM? First thing I do when looking at a car is turn up, plug VAG-COM in, tells me if I need to continue looking....
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

Neutral

Status
    maybe but been offered &#163;10k in no rush to sell it maybe he will come up with the money if not will put on piston heads trader etc thanks for the advice tho

thinking about stuff

Status
    maybe but been offered 10k in no rush to sell it maybe he will come up with the money if not will put on piston heads trader etc thanks for the advice tho
    you really should take that offer!

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Neutral

Status
    maybe but been offered 10k in no rush to sell it maybe he will come up with the money if not will put on piston heads trader etc thanks for the advice tho
    If there's 10k on the table, grab it and throw the keys at him. It is a very good price.

6th Gear

Status
    I agree a 6 year old + car that cost about 20k new..? 10k is a good offer, only lost 50% of its value in 6 years!! pretty darned good IMO

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jedwa115
    If there's 10k on the table, grab it and throw the keys at him. It is a very good price.
    And then run away with a grin on your face, as fast as you can!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Pat
    3rd Gear

Status
    Have to agree.. I mean I brought a W-Reg TT off family 2 years ago, ok I got it cheap at 10k.. Mint Car with low mileage.. 2 years later I sold it for the same price.. Take the money and go.. My S3 is a 51 plate with roughly the same mileage.. If someone offered me 10k for it I`d snap there hand off..

RD350YPVS - Loves 2 stroke oil

Status
    I bought my S3 a few months ago, December 02 52 reg, 1 owner, full Audi history at same dealer, recent cambelt, michelin tyres all round, high mileage at 93k, paid 9000 for it

6th Gear

Status
    id say put it up for 10 and you may get a sale, 9.5 should get you a sale, 9 if you want rid.

I paid &#163;10.7k for my 2002 51 plate s3 with 48k a couple of months ago

Neutral

Status
    I'd agree with the 9k figure to a certain extent. I was thinking of selling mine a bit back, a year older but with less miles, full audi service history, cam belt, water pump and tensioners, All the options, blah, blah, blah. I was going to put it up at 9.5k but decided I would have taken 8.5k.
    IMHO if you sell it to a friend for 10k don't expect him to be a friend for long!
    "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

1999 Rocketship Silver S3 - Full Black Heated Leather, Bose, Armrest, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Sunroof, Dension Ipod Kit, Trakker.
    18" RSTT's with Eagle F1's,15mm & 10mm H&R Spacers, MTM Remap, FMIC, Milltek System & Cat, Silcone Hoses, Forge DV, Uprated Clutch, Cupra R Splitter, Tints, plus some I've probably forgot and more to come.......