Wiring plan and stripdown details

mango

Reaction score
Hi don't know if anyone can help does anyone kno where i can find a diagram showing where all the wires to and from my headunit, subwoofer, speakers etc run as reading all the posts it seems a bit spagetti. :think:

Also can anyone recommend a set of components that will fit into the front doors, i read that i will need spacers for the mids (5 1/4") but how do the tweeters fit or does someone offer direct replacement.

Finally the front door panel only appears to be held on by two screws is there anything else i need to remove ?

thanks for any help

a total of 5 screws need removing to remove a doorcard

one either side of the door card near the window frame.
one is at the back of the handle you use to close the door, removing this will allow you to remove the plastic door handle revealing the last 2 screws you need to remove, you then slide the whole doorcard upwards and disconnect any wires and the door handle cable to allow you to completely remove the door card.

Speakers wise I fitted some rainbow speakers i mine the mids fitted with just a plastic adapter plate, the tweets however were slightly more work I had to dremel mine a bit to get them to fit securely.

the original tweeters are held in by a small metal strip with one screw in it, when i upgraded my speakers i jus removed the factory tweeter and put the new one in its place using the metal strip and the screw.
most tweeters wil fit in the original position as long as its not stupidly big.

thanks, i'll at least attack the doors in the knowledge i can't go to far wrong.

Does anyone know how all the wiring for the rear speakers and sub is laid and if the syphony has a preout for an external sub?