Powerflex Bushes

Ozzyb

Reaction score
I'm looking into changing my bushes on my 1.8T 1999 to a Set of Powerflex bush Kit. Its around £127, is this worth it, will i notice the difference in ride.

There was a thread on powerflex upgrade, it was said to be an unbelievable transformation

D-Tech Performance said:
vehicles weve fitted them to in the past it has tightened the handling considerably well worth it imo

how long does it take to fit a whole set of these bushes , and how much , cheers

Ozzyb said:
I'm looking into changing my bushes on my 1.8T 1999 to a Set of Powerflex bush Kit. Its around £127, is this worth it, will i notice the difference in ride.

whats that for the whole set , or just the front , they are £107 of e bay , or £210 for a whole set

It shouldn't compromise the ride quality at all, that's what suspension is for. All it does is provide the same/more rigidity as a completely new set of rubber bushes, but without any degradation over time. Literally as soon as rubber bushes are fitted they start to degrade. You don't want any play in the bushes at all, and I'm fed up with replacing mine at every MOT.

AndyMac said:
It shouldn't compromise the ride quality at all, that's what suspension is for. All it does is provide the same/more rigidity as a completely new set of rubber bushes, but without any degradation over time. Literally as soon as rubber bushes are fitted they start to degrade. You don't want any play in the bushes at all, and I'm fed up with replacing mine at every MOT.

Harder bushes = more NVH transmissited from the suspension to the chassis. This is why the bushes are rubber in the first place, otherwise all cars would roll off the line with spherical joints.

or roll off the line with powerflex bushes.
All down to cost at the end of the day, nothing to do with rubber providing any sort of give, apart from worn play which will fail an MOT.
Oh and also so dealers can charge and arm/leg to change them on a regular basis.