Fuel Economy

L14MDP

Reaction score
I know there have been posts before about fuel economy, but I decided I would do a quick test, usually I can get between 200 and 250 miles to the tank, just driving too and from work and general cruising when I feel like it. I fueld up to the max and set my trip and decided to drive like a granny and change gear at about 3-4K, I was going to do this for a full tank but got board at half a tank, by which time I had done 200 miles. So the S3 can be fairly good on fuel but you do look a tit doing it.

So I'm now back to 200 miles to the tank, so much better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've tried that too mate. Usually what happens is some one in an XR2 noises you up and you take the bate! I'm normally around 240-250 miles per tank, chipped and with heavy boots!

Range and economy sound about right, i get abround 25 mpg mixed driving calculated with a calculater and full tank, though my trip computer tells me im doing 27.6mpg?

Joe

ps. I wouldnt waste my Optimax on an XR2, R32 maybe... theyre quick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

Take it you've had a go with one then Joe! As for fuel economy, I've just fitten an ecotec valve as I had one on my old A3 1.8T and my old Calibra and it worked wonders, just the same as its doing on my S3. Smoother pre turbo performance and much better range. I'm upto around 300miles for a tank from 250. Cant be bad and all for 48.50. I'll get that back on the savings alone!

On our A3 1.8 turbo, after we have filled our tank our display shows 280 miles left, used to be 450 after we filled up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I just filled up at about 380 miles yesterday, 30mpg. Not had much chance to open it up recently. Filled up with the DIS range at 5 miles, took 57 litres. Knew I could have made it to the next petrol station /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Remember the S3 has a bigger tank that the A3.

Roll on more foot to floor chances /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
As for fuel economy, I've just fitten an ecotec valve....

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that? Never heard of that before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I average 26.2 mpg during the week and weekend play time about 25 mpg

Thanks Striderman.

Have to say I'm very, very sceptical of such things. I should be meeting up with ScotSTHREE at some point, so I'll no doubt have some questions for him at the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alrighty Mark R. We'll need to get that meet organised! As for the ecotek valve, I fitted it last thursday and got the usual improvement, sharper throttle and freer reving but filled up on Saturday which should be empty by friday then I'll be able to confirm extra mileage. Using the car for work, ment I had to do something, was gettin 22-23mpg! its now around 25-26 but we'll wait and see what the trip says. Catch up shortly