S3 Coil Pack

CALIBRE

Reaction score
Just as I thought I would be one the lucky ones and have no problems with my coil pack, my engine starts to fire on only 3 cylinders.

I started up my engine and it was idling very rough and when I started to pull away it sounded like a bag of shyt. Afer a quick few checks i noticed that 1 of the coils had died on me. I was surprised that there were no fault light flagged up on the dash.

Does anybody no how much a coil costs?
or if it can be done for free under warranty?

warranty should cover it, if not they are IIRC £14 quid now. Back when there was none, they were £50.

Thanks paul, im surprised they are as cheap as £14. I'll see if I can get it done on Monday under the warranty, if not I'll just buy 1.

Mine went today too. Sounded like a rally car...bummm.bummmm.bummmm. It coughed and spluttered all the way to the dealers with the engine management light flashing in my face. A hour later it was all fixed and the local dealers replaced all four for me under warranty!

I got my coil sorted out under the warranty. The AA came to my house carried out a few checks and confirmed it was a coil. He made a few phone calls to a few different dealers and located one. It took him about an hour to pick it up then he brought it back and fitted it.

I've heard a few people mention that warning lights come on but I never had any come on.

[ QUOTE ]
Deat said:
My coil packs has just gone in my A3 1.8T they told me at Audi it's a common thing with the 1.8T engines and the new RS6 but my car is out of Audi cover now so i have had to pay £18 for each one my car has done 33500 miles now. plus while it's in i have just had new brakes and disc's fitted hope to get it back on saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both a sales guy at Wayside and someone at Oxford Audi said that Audi are generally very good about known faults and will replace them at no cost to you even outside of warranty. I guess that not every stealer is that good.